_MG_6223-XL.jpg

_MG_5720-XL.jpg

_MG_5777-XL.jpg

_MG_5475-XL.jpg

_MG_4898-XL.jpg

_MG_4428-XL.jpg

_MG_4242-XL.jpg

_MG_6123-XL.jpg

I went out to get a feel for burst mode in jpg. Fairly happy with the results. 2300 images :huh
http://roscowgo1.smugmug.com/TryinStuff/jpeg-bursts/29530705_wgJht9

The gallery if 54 i actually processed if you want to see them.

Comments

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2013
    'Common' is fine in my book ... if there were only half a doz breeding pairs of (insert any common species) in a partic area, snappers 'n twitchers would be arriving by the busload to snap / view :)

Imo, these'd all benefit from a much lower ... ie ground ... level pov. No idea what kit you're using, but if it doesn't have an articulating LCD, try / buy an angle finder, 'cos you can get lower than trying to peer thro' the vf and your neck won't ache as much as when using the 'belly flop' approach :)

pp
  • Options
    roscowgoroscowgo Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2013
    I think they would do better from down there too. all the little birds were from the inside of my car. :D

The geese and ducks.... well let's just say I'd rather have a rubber suit to get down on the ground there.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2013
    roscowgo wrote: »

The geese and ducks.... well let's just say I'd rather have a rubber suit to get down on the ground there.

+ swans in my case ...
    I use a piece of insulated roll mat which can be washed/brushed @ end of session. Warm in winter, smoothes out bumps / stones / gravel etc + being light and easy to carry.

I'm trying to imagine the range of (additional) comments I'd get from wearing a rubber suit, btw :)

pp
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2013
    Well add in that this is a little pond in front of a local high school.... I'm not sure how well they would react to a fat guy rolling around in the grass and ...leavings... in a rubber suit with a camera with a 300mm lens

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2013
    roscowgo wrote: »
    Well add in that this is a little pond in front of a local high school.... I'm not sure how well they would react to a fat guy rolling around in the grass and ...leavings... in a rubber suit with a camera with a 300mm lens
    rolleyes1.gif

Well, considering the circumstances / environment related to this shot, I wonder if it'd be any worse ... :)

Me + mrs pp out for a walk one eve, saw (in poor light) what I thought were voles in a stream under a pedestrian bridge. Went back next day ... and they were rats.

Foot / bike path over bridge formed boundary between 2 local schools / playing fields.
    This shot taken with me on wooden plinth in middle of stream (about 2in water) under the bridge, with kids of all ages going over the bridge, stopping because they'd seen my bike chained up nearby ... then seeing me in middle of stream ...

... I'll leave the rest to your imagination :)

(500 f4 + extn tube, btw)

Imo, if there's a possibility of a (half decent) shot ... just ignore the rest.

pp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/pppix/_X1C9539Fc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2013
    I like ratishes :D They pop up everywhere.

My real goal was to take my camera out and beat the devil out of the burst fire, and see how it handled shooting jpgs since raw gets me 3 very slow shots. I'm considering saving up my pennies for a 7d. 2.5x the fire rate though... good grief.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the T3 in jpg when I need more speed. Might just be better glass time instead of a new body.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2013
    And that's when the fight started: rolleyes1.gif

_MG_5024-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2013
    I couldn't get the black hole in focus, but a decent shot of the paraducks it caused.

_MG_4024-L.jpg
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2013
    The starling's attitude is fun!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.