Options

Legacy Functionality = New Smuggy Feature Request

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited August 4, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have messed around in the Sandbox and overall good with the new stuff. There does seem to be a trend that Legacy functionalities not in NEW are being added as Feature requests by support heros.. The ones involving navigation and the like with the arrows need to be addressed immediately. I have seen many little things and Feature request seemed to be the answer, you missed core functionality folks use that won't affect the overall design of the NEW so please just fix those things for us.. As a pro the navigation through pictures needs to be either better or more intuitive and it is without the arrows.. I understand why the product needed to be changed but it appears you missed how many pros and their customers use the product.. Anyone elses thoughts on this subject??

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    it would be disappointing if removed functionality is added to the feature request queue at zero votes, versus some features that have been missing (and voted for) for several years. The redesign has been done for people that use Smugmug for a portfolio to show off their weekend snaps and might like to change the design every couple of weeks. There are various omissions that indicate its not been done from the point of view of being the entry point for a business.

100% with you on the navigation arrows - its my top priority 'feature request'. Personally I consider it a bug.
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237205
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    paulbrock wrote: »
    it would be disappointing if removed functionality is added to the feature request queue at zero votes, versus some features that have been missing (and voted for) for several years. The redesign has been done for people that use Smugmug for a portfolio to show off their weekend snaps and might like to change the design every couple of weeks. There are various omissions that indicate its not been done from the point of view of being the entry point for a business.

100% with you on the navigation arrows - its my top priority 'feature request'. Personally I consider it a bug.
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237205

I think calling them bugs and solving the problem is the way to go, not feature requests.. I agree..
  • Options
    sueseassueseas Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    Agree completely with the two comments above! Basic functions that have existed for years should be considered *givens* that paying customers have purchased as part of their subscriptions.

I realize that this may not be *legally* the case--SmugMug and the users have no contract stipulating that SmugMug will never reduce functionality. But, reducing functionality while increasing prices is not the way to foster customer happiness, obviously.

I do really love some of the improvements, particularly since I've managed to figure out how to use some of them, but I'd argue that it's most important to customers not to leave them with *less* of things that they've come to rely on, even if you also give the some good things which they didn't expect. People running businesses cannot afford to lose functions that they and their customers have come to rely upon.
  • Options
    elizabelizab Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    A pop up client login like the javascript based one in the legacy SmugMug, please. For me this is a key way to manage client access. I hate the idea of going back to a gallery with loads of folder links, which loses some client privacy.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited August 4, 2013
    elizab wrote: »
    A pop up client login like the javascript based one in the legacy SmugMug, please. For me this is a key way to manage client access. I hate the idea of going back to a gallery with loads of folder links, which loses some client privacy.
    Please post your request in the SmugMug Feature Request forum (or add a comment to the request if it is already there).

--- Denise
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Please post your request in the SmugMug Feature Request forum (or add a comment to the request if it is already there).

--- Denise

Otherwise known as the Garbage Can. friday.gif

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com