Homepage to Gallery - New Tab No Likey

Pedro AliceaPedro Alicea Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Something that someone pointed out to me is that when they go to my website and click on a photo to go to a gallery from my homepage, it opens a new tab. What I did was have my photo clickable and to go to a new url. How do I prevent it from going to a new tab?
Pedro Alicea
"Taking One Shot at a Time"
[url]Http://PedroAlicea.smugmug.com[/url]
[url]Http://www.PedroAlicea.com[/url]

Comments

• aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    What type of Content Block(s) did you use on your homepage?

Andy
  • Pedro AliceaPedro Alicea Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Conent Block used
    aschendel wrote: »
    What type of Content Block(s) did you use on your homepage?

Andy

I used single photos with click to go to URL. Nothing fancy
    Pedro Alicea
    edited August 6, 2013
    Yeah, I did some searching and that seems like a common problem. Hopefully SM figures out how to add that feature. Changing the Photo properties to link to the Gallery wasn't sufficient?

Thanks,

Andy
    edited August 6, 2013
    Yeah, I did some searching and that seems like a common problem. Hopefully SM figures out how to add that feature. Changing the Photo properties to link to the Gallery wasn't sufficient?

Thanks,

Andy

I had to change the gallery where the buttons were hosted to the one's they wanted. When I did that, the buttons showed in the gallery which I did not want since I had the real photos in those galleries. I tried hiding them and it made the buttons disappeared.
    Pedro Alicea
    edited August 6, 2013
    I had to change the gallery where the buttons were hosted to the one's they wanted. When I did that, the buttons showed in the gallery which I did not want since I had the real photos in those galleries. I tried hiding them and it made the buttons disappeared.

Are you saying the images you show on the homepage are in a separate gallery from the real images? If so, yeah, the "link to gallery" option won't work for you...

a.s.
    edited August 6, 2013
    Are you saying the images you show on the homepage are in a separate gallery from the real images? If so, yeah, the "link to gallery" option won't work for you...

a.s.

I originally did have it in the gallery but as mentioned before I did not want it shown in the gallery. Hiding in the gallery hides the photo on the homepage. The answer was for me o make a content block and show individual photos and link to url
    Pedro Alicea
    edited August 6, 2013
    Well, got the word back from smugmug. They recognize it as an issue and have tagged it as a feature request for the future.
    Pedro Alicea