Menu Items Gone in New SM

jclgurujclguru Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited August 6, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Thru the new SM I created the following menu bar...

Home Images Presentations Training My Shop 411

While customizing and previewing everything shows fine. So I 'unveiled'.

When I logout and view my site, all I see is:

Home 411

What to do?

Thanks
Doug

Comments

• thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Are those galleries/pages set to unlisted? Unlisted galleries/pages only appear on the navigation if you're logged in. Set them back to public.
  • jclgurujclguru Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    Are those galleries/pages set to unlisted? Unlisted galleries/pages only appear on the navigation if you're logged in. Set them back to public.

Nope, they're all public.

It's weird that the first and last menu items are showing and nothing in between them.

Doug
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    What? The only way to keep a gallery off the browse pages was to "unlist" it and provide a direct gallery
    link in the menu. This would be a disaster if they can't be put in menus.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited August 4, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    What? The only way to keep a gallery off the browse pages was to "unlist" it and provide a direct gallery

I think I forgot my site's address:

http://www.thebirdphotographer.com

I also noticed that none of 2nd/3rd/etc level menu's are showing either. The only thing that works (that's actually showing) is the contact under 411 and that's probably just because it's a plain
    old mailto: code.

Doug
    edited August 4, 2013
    OK, I figured it out. Lamah was correct. The stuff not showing up was Unlisted, even though I used those
    exact same folders/galleries as public during the 'legacy days'. For some reason when I unveiled, everything
    was changed to Unlisted.

Doug
  • thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Allen wrote: »

You might be able to put them onto folders which are unlisted instead, I haven't tried it yet.
  • markderrymarkderry Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    When you have an unlisted folder you can't seem to put public pages or galleries in that folder. Is there something that we can do to get around this?
    edited August 6, 2013
    Note that there is an existing bug with selecting an unlisted item and not displaying it in the menu. Once this is a fixed, a direct link to an unlisted folder/gallery/page will show up in your menu to visitors. However, if you select a folder and toggle the "Include Folder Contents" to on, any unlisted content under your chosen folder will not be shown.

-Mike
    SmugMug Sorcerer
    (and an avid landscape photographer - view my website)
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    snakeey11 wrote: »
    Note that there is an existing bug with selecting an unlisted item and not displaying it in the menu. Once this is a fixed, a direct link to an unlisted folder/gallery/page will show up in your menu to visitors. However, if you select a folder and toggle the "Include Folder Contents" to on, any unlisted content under your chosen folder will not be shown.

-Mike

Did this get fixed? Because I have a bunch of unlisted galleries and they are showing in my nav.