Options

Color Overload

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited August 7, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
A little shop in Blowing Rock, NC, always has a nice flag display positioned on the sidewalk in front of the store. Once a year I have to stop and fire off a few frames....just to celebrate all the color the store owner brings to his little street.

Summer%202013%20122-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Cool, Tom! I'll have to look for that the next time I'm up that way.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    That hurt my eyes when it popped-up, Tom! :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2013
    Very nice. Reminds me of a shot I took at a market in Vietnam a few years ago but instead of flags they were dresses.
  • Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Hi Tom, great idea for a photograph :D Really love the bold colours and the composition.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Hey Tom, nicely done! Always love colorful closeups.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    moose135 wrote: »
    Cool, Tom! I'll have to look for that the next time I'm up that way.

Hey John,

This little shop is on Main Street....across from the park and down toward Six Pence restaurant.

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    That hurt my eyes when it popped-up, Tom! :D

Well, Eric, you'll have to try my trick....when I look at this shot, I put on my sunglasses. Actually, I was lucky to catch some sun hitting the flags. They've had nothing but rain up there for what seems like eternity.

See you,

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    DJT wrote: »
    Very nice. Reminds me of a shot I took at a market in Vietnam a few years ago but instead of flags they were dresses.

Yo David,

I also shot some dresses once in front of a quaint shop in St. Augustine, FL. A big, loudmouthed, gal came storming out of the shop....accusing me of trying to steal her display ideas. If she hadn't weighed 300+ lbs., I might have put up a fight. As it was, I fled with as much manly brio as I could muster.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Tom, great idea for a photograph :D Really love the bold colours and the composition.

Cheers, Richard.

It's good to hear from you, Richard. Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, the colors here jump up and slap you around a little bit.:D

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Hey Tom, nicely done! Always love colorful closeups.

Hey, Cristóbal, thanks for the support.

Three years ago, I started sending the shop owner a 16 x 20 print of my annual shot....this shot is number 4 that he'll get. He has a daughter that attends the big arts and design college in Savannah, GA, and she has the first three versions hanging on her dorm room wall at school.

Take care, my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Hey, Cristóbal, thanks for the support.

Three years ago, I started sending the shop owner a 16 x 20 print of my annual shot....this shot is number 4 that he'll get. He has a daughter that attends the big arts and design college in Savannah, GA, and she has the first three versions hanging on her dorm room wall at school.

Take care, my friend,

Tom
    What a great idea and cool thing to do clap.gif
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    Love the color!!
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Love the color!!

As a simple marketing tool, this shop's flag display really works. I've not seen anyone buy a flag but plenty of folks filter in and out of the store....due, in large part, to his display. It is an attention getter.

Take care,

Tom