Options

ISSUU publications

JamesGPhotoJamesGPhoto Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited August 8, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I have my pricing guide in an ISSUU publication. Is there any way to embed an ISSUU on my site??
James Geiger M. Ed.
"Being a photographer is not about taking a photograph, it is about being curious about life."
~ Jared Platt
http://www.jamesgeigerphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2013
    I have my pricing guide in an ISSUU publication. Is there any way to embed an ISSUU on my site??

If you can save the output from ISSUU as a jpeg file then you can add content on you page by adding an image as normal. Even just a screen print to jpeg might do it.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    its a 13 page magazine
    James Geiger M. Ed.
    "Being a photographer is not about taking a photograph, it is about being curious about life."
    ~ Jared Platt
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    James Geiger M. Ed.
    ~ Jared Platt
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    its a 13 page magazine

OK. The link you gave me took me straight there. So just add a new link somewhere on your menu and make the link a custom one with that same URL you just gave me. You can specify to open in new tab to avoid people losing your site when they click on it. See mine for 'video' which goes to Youtube. http://www.macromeister.co.uk/
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    James

Problem with your homepage. Using Chrome or Firefox your homepage screen is blank apart from the menu on the left.No image! Using Chrome I can see all the menu, but on Firefox it's also doing something weird and not letting me scroll down to see the bottom of the menu.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    James

Problem with your homepage. Using Chrome or Firefox your homepage screen is blank apart from the menu on the left.No image! Using Chrome I can see all the menu, but on Firefox it's also doing something weird and not letting me scroll down to see the bottom of the menu.

Hmmmm I see James' homepage fine on Chrome, FF and Safari. Can you give it another look Macro?
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Hmmmm I see James' homepage fine on Chrome, FF and Safari. Can you give it another look Macro?

On Chrome I can see the whole page, but there is just a black blank area where there is I presume meant to be an image/slideshow. On Firefox I also get the blank area, but I also lose the bottom of the menu and I can't scroll down to it even though there is a scroll bar on the right of the page. If I change the browser zoom to normal minus 1 by doing CTRL/- I can see all the menu, but still not the image. But it should work on CTRL/0 which is standard viewing mode.

You should be able to see this screengrab from Firefox

9465171922_70ebd11727_c.jpg
    jamesCapture by Macro Meister is... (he thinks) Rob Ashcroft, on Flickr
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    On Chrome I can see the whole page, but there is just a black blank area where there is I presume meant to be an image/slideshow. On Firefox I also get the blank area, but I also lose the bottom of the menu and I can't scroll down to it even though there is a scroll bar on the right of the page. If I change the browser zoom to normal minus 1 by doing CTRL/- I can see all the menu, but still not the image. But it should work on CTRL/0 which is standard viewing mode.

You should be able to see this screengrab from Firefox

9465171922_70ebd11727_c.jpg
    jamesCapture by Macro Meister is... (he thinks) Rob Ashcroft, on Flickr

Thanks Macro! What Operating system are you using? And which version of FF?
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2013
    Thanks Macro! What Operating system are you using? And which version of FF?

Michael

I'm on Windows 7 and Firefox 22.0 (latest ver)

Have a 24" Samsung monitor.

Rob
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited August 8, 2013
    I only see the navbar - the rest of his homepage is blank black on Chrome, Firefox and IE on Windows 8.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2013
    I only see the navbar - the rest of his homepage is blank black on Chrome, Firefox and IE on Windows 8.

--- Denise

Denise

Are you also getting the shakes when you try to scroll the page? I thought it was just the Napa valley I had last night, but maybe not. Never seen that before anywhere.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    It looks like ISSUU supports embedding either through iframes or javascript. I believe iframes have been ruled out for Smugmug but javascript is still a possibility.