Options

What to get right at shoot time vs in post

2»

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    TOF guy wrote:
    If you have the time, try "incandescent" (should not be the same as 3000K - even if the incandescent color temperature is set at 3000K - if Canon has done its homework) or even better, "fluorescent", rather than 3000K to confirm. You will also understand what I mean by WB will change choice of exposure.
    There is no appreciable change in the histogram using any of the 20D's WB presets. I repeated the same test from a tripod and shot within seconds of each other using every WB preset the camera has to offer.
    On a side note, for better accuracy you should avoid using temperatures to set WB in your 20D.
    Maybe in theory, but in practice, 3000K is the best match for my gelled flash units when using them in an incandescently lit venue. Even then, I find myself making 50k to 200k adjustments in PS to individual photos. But at least 3000k gives me a nice center point from which to work from, and as such, it reduces the amount of work I have to expend and gets the photos out the door on time :-)
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie