Options

uploading after migration

jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
edited August 19, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've been uploading since I migrated and everything seems to be showing up exactly where it's supposed to. I thought I read that post-migration uploads go to some temporary folder until you unveil?

Comments

• Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    jpc wrote: »
    I've been uploading since I migrated and everything seems to be showing up exactly where it's supposed to. I thought I read that post-migration uploads go to some temporary folder until you unveil?

Mine did. I created a new gallery on my new Smug and on the legacy site it is showing it in a new category called Smug Preview.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    Must be because it's a new gallery. So your new folder shows correctly on Legacy, and as "Smug Preview" on the new site, correct? Any idea what would happen if you uploaded to a second new folder? Would it show as "Smug Preview 2" or get lumped all together in the same folder?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    I do all my site content on legacy site. Only design on NewSite.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    jpc wrote: »
    Must be because it's a new gallery. So your new folder shows correctly on Legacy, and as "Smug Preview" on the new site, correct? Any idea what would happen if you uploaded to a second new folder? Would it show as "Smug Preview 2" or get lumped all together in the same folder?

Only did the one new gallery. Shows correctly in the New Smug and the legacy smug places it in the category I mentioned. Probably safest to upload to the legacy smug until unveiling.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    AlysAlys Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 18, 2013
    I have both migrated and unveiled yet all new galleries I upload are still being placed in a "Smug Preview" folder not the category/folder I assign in Lightroom. Easy enough to Organize Site in Smugmug, drag and drop to the correct folder and then Sync in Lightroom, but it would be great to avoid all of the extra steps. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    mine is doing this as well, though I havent migrated. Perhaps you can delete that gallery once you have migrated?
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    Just to clarify... I have been uploading to legacy. I'm just surprised to see that new uploads are automatically migrating. I didn't think it was supposed to work that way and I don't want to be surprised when I unveil and things aren't where they should be.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    The gallery content from legacy is used on the new site. That's why on NewSmug you'll
    see a locked icon on the gallery content.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    I'm not seeing a locked icon. I deleted all images from a gallery while in New SM and then re-loaded the images via Legacy. They show up in the organizer without a locked icon, but the page shows as blank in NSM.