Options

Communities not working

johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited September 15, 2013 in Bug Reporting
We all know that Smug decided not to support Communities in the new layouts, much to the annoyance of many of us, great customer care there by the way. But we were assured that Communities would continue to be supported by legacy Smug. However, within a week there are now major glitches with communities in legacy Smug too. You know what these are, so please don't ask for links etc, Images are simply not showing up anymore on community homepages :scratch

Comments

• Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Come on Smug, don't ignore this one, why aren't communities being supported properly in legacy Smug anymore?
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    John, We have known about this since this morning and have engineers looking into it. I apologize I was offline this morning and wasn't able to respond.
  • Options
    juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    johnloguk wrote: »
    Come on Smug, don't ignore this one, why aren't communities being supported properly in legacy Smug anymore?

This is not working yet. It's a shame to lose the features.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2013
    This has now been going on for a week. How has such a major bug managed to take hold in the legacy Smug? Apologies for the cynicism but people are beginning to wonder if this isn't a deliberate ploy by Smugmug to push us to change over to the new layouts and end the whole debate about supporting communities. We're getting so many mixed messages from Smug. I was told that not many people are involved in communities so it wasn't worth putting huge resources into a system that only affects a small minority. Others have been told not to worry, there just wasn't time to implement everything in the big change over and that a final decision about communities hasn't been made.

Apart from being frustrating, and disrupting the wonderful social side of Smugmug, this is now costing us money. Many of us are noticing drastic drops in the viewing figures of our images. This isn't about popularity or vanity, it is about our profile as professional photographers and sales. On an average day we used to get thousands of views of our images in the popular communities, now some of them are down to single figures. I've seen discussions in social media about contacting lawyers, has it really come to this. I hate being so negative, and I seem to be posting nothing but complaints these days, but the feelings of frustration and anger are growing day by day.
  • Options
    jsruccijsrucci Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    I miss the communities also and don't understand why this great feature was removed. So we are now like islands floating around alone. What fun is that? It was nice to be able to have one place to find a community and share the same types of photos.
    Steve

http://www.steverucci.com

Use this code to get a discount when joining Smugmug: FmsEHhiPzBxic
  • Options
    JerryBartonJerryBarton Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2013
    Just adding my voice for continuation of the DailyPhotos community.