Options

How to delete old parent categories?

BoboBobo Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited September 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
In the old SmugMug there was a way to edit and delete existing parent and sub-categories.

Is there a way of doing this in the new SmugMug?

For example, if I go into Organiser I see my folders, etc (the ones I'm using) but I want to see all the others which I previously created ages ago but not currently using.

Hope that makes sense. I ask because if I create new galleries but stumble across a URL I've used before it now adds a "-1" on the end of the URL and I want to avoid duplicate folders/pages/gallery names and any potential conflict.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited September 17, 2013
    The folders that are created will show in your Organizer. There are no longer reserved SmugMug Categories, or older empty categories that were transferred over.

But can you give us an example of one of the items you tried creating that gave you an error?
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    BoboBobo Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2013
    Smug Eric wrote: »
    The folders that are created will show in your Organizer. There are no longer reserved SmugMug Categories, or older empty categories that were transferred over.

But can you give us an example of one of the items you tried creating that gave you an error?

I had issues creating a gallery called 'Popular' and when using this to feed my homepage it was pulling in "old" popular images from an old gallery. To rectify I renamed the one I wanted to use to 'Favourites' and this solved the problem.

Just bothered about legacy gallery names, etc causing conflicts in my new layout.