Gallery Sort by date not working

jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
edited September 28, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I asked this back in August and got no answer. Why does this feature not work anymore? Is there something I can do to fix it? The pictures that are out of order do show the correct date taken in the "info" panel.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited September 28, 2013
    Most of my galleries are sorted by date taken so I know the option still exists and still works.

We would need more information to attempt to help. What gallery? And which photos are out of sequence?

--- Denise
  • jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    Thanks, Denise. The gallery is here. The first photo in the gallery was taken on September 2, while the 8th through the 15th were taken on August 31. Others are out of order also.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    jthomas wrote: »
    Thanks, Denise. The gallery is here. The first photo in the gallery was taken on September 2, while the 8th through the 15th were taken on August 31. Others are out of order also.
    Wow, that is really odd.

I assume you've verified that the gallery is set to display by date taken.

I suspect someone from smug will need to look, but I wonder if it is worth going into the gallery settings, changing the display by to something else, verifying that it changed, then changing it back to display by date taken. It's a long shot, it's entirely possible (maybe even probable) that nothing will change - but I don't think it would hurt to give the gallery a display by "kick".

--- Denise
    Thanks again, Denise. I tried your suggestion, but it made no difference. In fact, I changed it to sort by file name, but the order didn't change. Then I changed it back to sort by date taken and again, no change.

Added in edit: it appears that sorting by date uploaded does work.
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    Hmmm, it looks ok to me. The first couple photos were taken in September, but September 2012, so they would come before August 2013.

Let me know if I am not seeing this correctly.

Thanks!
    Oops! My face is red. They were actually taken in September, 2013, but apparently I had set the date wrong in my camera.

Sorry for the false alarm.
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    jthomas wrote: »
    Oops! My face is red. They were actually taken in September, 2013, but apparently I had set the date wrong in my camera.

Sorry for the false alarm.

No problem. Glad it's all working as expected! thumb.gif