Options

Michele

jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
edited October 20, 2013 in People
Michele wanted something at the beach, with a bit of an edge, but didn't want the standard beach shots. So, we go to one of my favorite places in Pensacola, Ft Pickens and one of the old canon bunkers.

p2120952765-5.jpg

p1952642189-5.jpg

p1895039398-5.jpg

p2103657797-5.jpg

p1974625730-5.jpg

p1933666138-5.jpg

p2007444117-5.jpg

8 It started raining on us so the blobs you see are raindrops
p1903474147-5.jpg

p2052253760-5.jpg

p2000663559-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2013
    3 - love
    10 - love (even though the focus bothers me, it sort of doesn't bother me, if that makes sense!)
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    3 - love
    10 - love (even though the focus bothers me, it sort of doesn't bother me, if that makes sense!)

Thanks!

10 was something I was going to throw away but I didn't. It was practically dark, I was at ISO 6400 and ss at 1/125 at 2.8. It's soft, grainy and lacked color. I just liked her look, her hair blowing and the splash at her feet looked fluid with the slow ss. I didn't want to rescue it with the standard BW conversions so I played around with some topaz filters. The 70-200 vignettes on the full frame D700. I liked how the RAW overall pic looked so I just accentuated instead of trying to totally fix it.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,276 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2013
    My favorite of all of these is #10. I like the pose, the simplicity, the softness.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2013
    jonh68 wrote: »
    Thanks!

10 was something I was going to throw away but I didn't. It was practically dark, I was at ISO 6400 and ss at 1/125 at 2.8. It's soft, grainy and lacked color. I just liked her look, her hair blowing and the splash at her feet looked fluid with the slow ss. I didn't want to rescue it with the standard BW conversions so I played around with some topaz filters. The 70-200 vignettes on the full frame D700. I liked how the RAW overall pic looked so I just accentuated instead of trying to totally fix it.

I LOVE shots like that - some of my "almost throw away" images were totally worth working on and keeping. Sure, one doesn't like to rely on post processing to "fix" every technically iffy shot, but sometimes content trumps technique and ya just gotta go with it thumb.gif
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2013
    I loved #10! I iconic.
  • Options
    unique93unique93 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited September 29, 2013
    It's good, but you can do it better :)

1.in this situation, you need to have reflector to return the light...she is underexposed... :)
    2.nice photo :)
    3.too much space in top of the photo...and her forehead is a little bit overexposed
    4.wb is not right..too much mangenta :)
    5.nice, but strange angle
    6.too much space on the right side, and why you cut her feets?
    7.it's nice, but too much black
    8.she is overexposed, and light is too harsh
    9.this is nice, but i would like to see this photo with more diffused light
    10.her head is little bit blured, because of slow shutter speed, and this vignettes are too much, or you have to use it with more transition... :)

Sorry for bad english :)
  • Options
    1 It was more about shape than detail.

6 I liked the converging lines and all the triangles she was forming. Her feet were not necessary

7 She's wearing black, and to me it makes her hair and eyes more pronounced.
  • Options
    unique93unique93 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    Well...if you want to make only shape on 1, you could do a silhouette...
    I saw these lines and triangles, that's cool, but still, feets are missing :)
    Try to print 7. photo...you will get a photo with more than 50% of black, and, that is not cool...why do you have d700 with big dynamic range if you don't use it? :)
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2013
    unique93 wrote: »
    Well...if you want to make only shape on 1, you could do a silhouette...
    I saw these lines and triangles, that's cool, but still, feets are missing :)
    Try to print 7. photo...you will get a photo with more than 50% of black, and, that is not cool...why do you have d700 with big dynamic range if you don't use it? :)

Because my attention isn't on the black but her red hair. I don't care for anything else in the pic. Just because you have DR doesn't meant you HAVE to use it.thumb.gif
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2013
    Love these and 2-6-10 do it for me. Sort of agree on the feet in 6. When you almost get the entire limb in and then stop makes me feel it is incomplete wanting to see the rest.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2013
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Love these and 2-6-10 do it for me. Sort of agree on the feet in 6. When you almost get the entire limb in and then stop makes me feel it is incomplete wanting to see the rest.

Thanks, I did go back and forth but the pic had more impact on me like this. Keeping the feet in made her smaller in the frame and lessened the lines. I could have cropped more on the right side but then it took away that part which I liked.
  • Options
    kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2013
    all images are fantastic except #1. #5. #8, #9.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2013
    That's the bottom line.......YOU liked it.
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2013
    Hackbone wrote: »
    That's the bottom line.......YOU liked it.

It does to a certain extent but I do value contrarian opinion because it makes me see the pic from a different perspective. You can't be so in love with your pics, otherwise you don't improve.
  • Options
    BrucheBruche Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2013
    Number 10 is a great shot. I'm a big fan of your work.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2013
    Bruche wrote: »
    Number 10 is a great shot. I'm a big fan of your work.

Thank you!
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2013
    great set, My favo 6. It would have been 10 but the vignette in 10 just spoiled it for me...
    But still a great job.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer