Options

Unknown Padding top and bottom of header

miseryshusbandmiseryshusband Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited October 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
found it It was the margin in the html block itself.
I am not thrilled with the smugmug nav bar. I was attempting to put my own in via html and css, however it looks like there is about a 5-10 px padding on the top is unwanted.

I looked at the source code and found the sm class and id for the header and tried to set the padding and margin to 0px but it changed nothing. Any Idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2013
    If I'm following you correctly - try this: on the horizonatal bar of the block that is the nav bar (click the block and it's a highlighted color), upper left corner, are icons, triangle for positioning and wrench for options.

The positioning triangle has margins, and you can apply a negative margin. If the default top margin is 12 px, try -20 px, for example.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2013
    I just realized I wasn't following you correctly. :D
    My instructions are for the SM navbar block, not custom HTML or CSS, which I can't help with. Sorry. :cry
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I just realized I wasn't following you correctly. :D
    My instructions are for the SM navbar block, not custom HTML or CSS, which I can't help with. Sorry. :cry

Thanks for the help. The computer I am on for some reason doesn't show the margin # on the dimensions, its blank. I didn't realize that on Custom HTML blocks they applied margins. Set them all to 0 and I was off. Now just have to finish my html nav bars. Kinda a pain having to hand put all the links in, but I get better control of the look. Wish we could use java but I realize its a security thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2013
    Thanks for the help. The computer I am on for some reason doesn't show the margin # on the dimensions, its blank. I didn't realize that on Custom HTML blocks they applied margins. Set them all to 0 and I was off. Now just have to finish my html nav bars. Kinda a pain having to hand put all the links in, but I get better control of the look. Wish we could use java but I realize its a security thing.

I have not yet applied an HTML block. Maybe the default is blank margins. Try looking at a different block, folders or galleries, and check positioning. On mine those do have margins by default.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I have not yet applied an HTML block. Maybe the default is blank margins. Try looking at a different block, folders or galleries, and check positioning. On mine those do have margins by default.

I have alot of custom html because of football schedules are done in tables. I am going back and looking at those also to see if there is a default margin on them too.