Options

Left-right scroll bar?

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited November 14, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Any idea why I am getting a left-right scroll bar on my homepage?

www.brandolinoimaging.com

FYI, if I so full screen (f11) then back, the bar goes away.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    I checked out your site in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and even with a smaller browser window, I cannot see any horizontal scroll bar. I also browsed through various pages and galleries.
    Note that I'm on a 13" Macbook.

If the issue persists, could you perhaps include more details on your system, like your browser version, screen size, what add-ons / extensions you have installed. A screenshot of your whole screen showing the issue might be helpful as well.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    Just to eliminate ... you haven't somehow set the browser zoom to something over 100%?
    To reset try
    Ctrl + 0
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Just to eliminate ... you haven't somehow set the browser zoom to something over 100%?
    To reset try
    Ctrl + 0

Reset screen, but I still see it unless I go full screen then back...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2013
    I checked out your site in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and even with a smaller browser window, I cannot see any horizontal scroll bar. I also browsed through various pages and galleries.

If the issue persists, could you perhaps include more details on your system, like your browser version, screen size, what add-ons / extensions you have installed. A screenshot of your whole screen showing the issue might be helpful as well.

I'll post that info if it persists. Thanks.
  • Options
    LJ2b2cLJ2b2c Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    Any idea why I am getting a left-right scroll bar on my homepage?

www.brandolinoimaging.com

FYI, if I so full screen (f11) then back, the bar goes away.

I see the same on my screen (Chrome/Windows 7). It also clears when I hit f11 and back (full screen).

Have no clue why it does that, but it's not just you.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2013
    LJ2b2c wrote: »
    I see the same on my screen (Chrome/Windows 7). It also clears when I hit f11 and back (full screen).

Have no clue why it does that, but it's not just you.

It began happening when I added the left sidebar... not sure why.
    What I found is that the slide show (at 100%) was pushing off the left side of the screen. Setting it to a width of 97% narrowed it enough to eliminate the horizontal scroll. headscratch.gifdunno

I have left and right margins set to zero... so I'm stumped.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    There are numerous posts of similar problems with unneeded scroll bars, scaling problems, etc.
    Getting really frustrated with no fixes coming. Smugmug doesn't even respond anymore.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2013
    There are numerous posts of similar problems with unneeded scroll bars, scaling problems, etc.
    Getting really frustrated with no fixes coming. Smugmug doesn't even respond anymore.

Cheers,

Oh, but they did just respond to a MAJOR request... they moved the tools in the header area from right justified to left justified... just went live in the last hour... big doings going on at SMwings.gifivarwings.gif
    Too bad the real issues go unresolved.headscratch.gif
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013

I've noticed a lot of messages like this. Isn't it time to start testing these symptoms on a PC!
    I sure can see the problem.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com