Options

Is this possible?

ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
edited November 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Is was wondering with some help of third party forms I want to create a form my clients fill out by clicking a link and then once they fill out this link a download of one of my images starts right away. This is how I want to do this but I know the way it is possible is just have them fill out the form and I email the, the photo. I want to do it the first way because its lets face it less work for me. So any of you smugers know how to do some thing like this? Any help is always apperciated.

Take care
KO

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2013
    The premium version of Wufoo forms has an option which allows you to redirect the user to a page of your choice after the form has been submitted. You could redirect them to the download link of a photo you place in an unlisted gallery, for example, which'd start that download for them right away.

When you say "one of your images", do you mean a separate form for each photo in a gallery? Or just one possible image? Because that first isn't easily possible.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    The premium version of Wufoo forms has an option which allows you to redirect the user to a page of your choice after the form has been submitted. You could redirect them to the download link of a photo you place in an unlisted gallery, for example, which'd start that download for them right away.

When you say "one of your images", do you mean a separate form for each photo in a gallery? Or just one possible image? Because that first isn't easily possible.

I'm a jotform fan myself so I don't know if I'd want to spend my money on a product I don't really like. I just use it because smumug hasn't made using jotform possible but that's another story for another day. So to answer your question I think the first one would probably work. I would load a photo in one of my galleries and provide a download link for them. I was thinking maybe embed it into some code for a form I don't know just some thoughts. As always an help appericated.
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2013
    What you're asking for with Jot Forms (custom form per-image) is possible by using a combination of my PayPal buttons extension (in particular, the advanced features guide here) and a custom PHP script running on a server somewhere that can redirect people to the download link following this data provided by JotForms. However, it's more than I want to take on at the moment.

If you've just got a few images you want to provide download links for, create a separate form for each one with a custom Thank-You page which you set to the download link for the corresponding image:

http://www.jotform.com/help/211-Setting-Up-the-Thank-You-Page

Link people to the Jot Form from your image captions.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    What you're asking for with Jot Forms (custom form per-image) is possible by using a combination of my PayPal buttons extension (in particular, the advanced features guide here) and a custom PHP script running on a server somewhere that can redirect people to the download link following this data provided by JotForms. However, it's more than I want to take on at the moment.

If you've just got a few images you want to provide download links for, create a separate form for each one with a custom Thank-You page which you set to the download link for the corresponding image:

http://www.jotform.com/help/211-Setting-Up-the-Thank-You-Page

Link people to the Jot Form from your image captions.

Nicholas I think that thank you form would work perfectly! Now that I've seen what it can do I think it would do the job. Thank you very much for the info and your help on this!