Options

Aperture 3.5 and SM - how to upload/sync captions

digmandigman Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 3, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Brand new to SM and Aperture 3.5. I am in trial mode on SmugMug but plan to purchase the Power account but before I do I am trying to build a site that includes caption data entered from within Aperture. I can find no evidence that the caption data exists from the SM site side.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Comments

• Options
    Djm3006Djm3006 Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2014
    digman wrote: »
    Brand new to SM and Aperture 3.5. I am in trial mode on SmugMug but plan to purchase the Power account but before I do I am trying to build a site that includes caption data entered from within Aperture. I can find no evidence that the caption data exists from the SM site side.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    Happy New Year
    Hope this helps
    I'am using SmuginPro for Aperture by nzwidgets.com All my Captions, Keywords etc, I enter in Aperture then up load using smuginpro, you must first turn off use file name as Keywords in SM settings or you get double up's etc.
  • Options
    digmandigman Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2014
    Djm3006 wrote: »
    Happy New Year
    Hope this helps
    I'am using SmuginPro for Aperture by nzwidgets.com All my Captions, Keywords etc, I enter in Aperture then up load using smuginpro, you must first turn off use file name as Keywords in SM settings or you get double up's etc.

Thanks for the tip. I tried another upload from the Mac/Aperture app and inserted a caption from Aperture on just one of the photos and this time I noticed it is on the SM site. So...not sure what happened before, maybe there is a latency issue with respect to SM website but all is well now.

Thanks!