Options

Replace Photo Crash to Log In Screen

megmacmegmac Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited February 2, 2014 in Bug Reporting
This has happened ever since I unveiled to the new smugmug and is becoming frustrating. Every time I get an order and need to replace a file I get booted to the log in screen. I can replace the file OK but when I click "return to what you are doing" I am booted to the log in screen. I never had this issue with the legacy site. I am using Windows 8 and Google Chrome.

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    So you are replacing the file in Proof Delay?
  • Options
    megmacmegmac Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    So you are replacing the file in Proof Delay?

Yes, this is in proof delay. I replace file and when I click "return to what you are doing" I am booted to the log in screen. I log back in and half the time the file has been replaced, half the time I need to retry. Thanks
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2013
    megmac wrote: »
    Yes, this is in proof delay. I replace file and when I click "return to what you are doing" I am booted to the log in screen. I log back in and half the time the file has been replaced, half the time I need to retry. Thanks

I am sending you a PM to get some info.
  • Options
    S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2013
    Ever get this ironed out? I'm experiencing the same thing. Doesn't happen all the time, but it did when the new Smug was first rolled out, then it stopped, now it's doing it again.ne_nau.gif
    Sam
  • Options
    TrasmcTrasmc Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2013
    This is happening to me today as well.

Replace a photo, and when I hit the button to upload, I am given a warning (Firefox) that says:

"Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"

I click the CONTINUE button, and then when I get to the screen where I can "return to what I'm doing," I click the link to go back to the order detail page. Once I return and try to upload a second replacement photo, I then am forced to log in again. This is the same process every single time.

I've noticed if when I initially click on the REPLACE option I right click and open the REPLACE screen in a new tab, my original tab is OK and I can continue doing the right clicking, but this is far from seamless.
    Learning a little more every day.

Come visit me at...

www.brickstreetphotos.com
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2014
    I am getting this today. As stated above by Trasmc, replacing a photo instead of sending me to the "We have it..." screen, I am sent to the login. Doesn't happen every time, but so far something like 3 out of 5 times. Plus since I am doing small corrections, I'm not sure if the last one got replaced correctly so it forces me to do it again for peace of mind.

Strike that.. it is every other time. :(

Another update: Seems like every time I get the modal dialogue box with the below text, it works fine. Which is every other time.

"Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"