Options

Info box X for close

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited February 10, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I'm starting to have really weird things happen. This is minor, but puzzling -- is it only me? (I've tried three browsers).

Open a lightbox (e.g. click from collage landscape in my case), use the info display. Now try to close it with the "X" at the top left?

on mine it won't close. The escape will close it, but not the "X".

This is on windows with both Chrome and IE11 and Firefox.

This corresponds to some other weirdness, I've got that in another thread.

Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Can you send us an e-mail at help@smugmug.com with some more details and perhaps some screenshots so we can take a closer look please?
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Teach wrote: »
    Can you send us an e-mail at help@smugmug.com with some more details and perhaps some screenshots so we can take a closer look please?

Done, though unless it's really just me, it seems very easy to find. Does that mean it's not just me?
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    OK, this appears to be my problem somewhere, though I am not finding it. I managed to find several galleries for others which work, and the support desk said it is my customization and I now believe them. I just can't figure out where, I picked up quite a few of the cookbook items from others, and it appears that this panel is perhaps actually now under-neath something else. The panel and button (as viewed in debug mode) are identical on mine and a working one, but I think the button event isn't happening as something is over the button, which I haven't found (and not quite sure how to other than trial and error).

If there are any HTML gurus who care to look, take any gallery from my signature, click a photo, click info or comments and try the "X".

But it does appear to be something I'm doing (though if others are using some similar items posted here, it may hit you also).
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Ferguson,

I am asking The Mechanic to take a look.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Ferguson wrote: »
    I opened the info box and can't even work the scroll bar in it. Or the X to close info box.
    http://www.captivephotons.com/Events/FGCUBaseball/FGCUvUSF05142013/i-W2ckvMx/A
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Removing this in the CSS activates to info box scroll and info box exit X.
        .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-content .yui3-widget-hd {
            position: absolute;
            top: 0;
            left: 0;
            right: 0;
            bottom: 0;
        }

• Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Allen, thanks, let me take a look and see if I can figure out where that came from (i.e. what it was intended to do).

But to your "scroll bar" - do you mean inside the info box? Yes, I see that now also.

I've got 3 or 4 different things on the gallery (not anything intended for the info box), such as numbered photos, font changes on captions... I'll have to dig a bit. Hopefully somewhere I added comments. :(
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Allen, thanks, let me take a look and see if I can figure out where that came from (i.e. what it was intended to do).

But to your "scroll bar" - do you mean inside the info box? Yes, I see that now also.

I've got 3 or 4 different things on the gallery (not anything intended for the info box), such as numbered photos, font changes on captions... I'll have to dig a bit. Hopefully somewhere I added comments. :(
    Nothing in the info box, scroll or X, worked but the lightbox close X worked.
  • Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Hello,

I am not quite sure what customization may be affecting this, you can add the following to your Entire Site CSS:

.sm-user-ui .sm-overlay-imageinfo
    {
    z-index: 9999 !important;
    }

Thanks -Scott
  • Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Ferguson,

Were you able to get this update in place? Currently it does not appear to be the case. Let me know if you need more help with this or it is not working correctly.

Standing By....
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Thank you very much for this, I wasn't really expecting the kindness of the help desk helping me debug once it was obvious it was mine.

I do have the details now. With that pointer above from Allen, I tracked down the CSS change that I was using. It was this one:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Lightbox-captions

I also did a comparison and found the code changed, and installed the newest version and it seems to work, so now I'm looking to see exactly what changed.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    I did a comparison of the CSS now, vs. the CSS back then.

I'm GUESSING that this code:

/*
    We don't want to create a new stacking context, as we want the tools container to lie underneath the image,
    while the arrows themselves sit on top
    */
    z-index: auto;

may be the culprit, it was added later.

Allen, how in the world did you find the offending code? I could see all the elements, but couldn't figure out how to tell how they were stacking up. E.g. the computed CSS for the button was unaffected (as best I could tell).

Now I'm worried that the other issue going around... (see This thread or This thread) is related to some customizations (not necessarily this one). While others are having the problem, a lot of these customizations are very popular and widely used.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Allen, how in the world did you find the offending code? I could see all the elements, but couldn't figure out how to tell how they were stacking up. E.g. the computed CSS for the button was unaffected (as best I could tell). ...
    I use WebDev to look at the CSS. I go from one set of CSS (tabs) to another and delete the CSS. If
    nothing happens I go to the next tab. If something happens I delete half then third to narrow down
    where in the CSS.

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1354921
    Link for Web Developer in my sig. I believe Chrome has this built in.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I use WebDev to look at the CSS. I go from one set of CSS (tabs) to another and delete the CSS. If
    nothing happens I go to the next tab. If something happens I delete half then third to narrow down
    where in the CSS.

It was more impressive when I didn't know. rolleyes1.gif

Just kidding. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Heya Ferguson! Glad to hear that you got that sorted out. Let us know if we can help further!