Options

Koda template's default font

ElyEly Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited February 28, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I apologise for the silly question but can someone please tell me what's the default template of the Kota template? I need to use the same for my Blog that I am going to incorporate on the website
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    Koda is a design choice native to the new SmugMug. You select it by clicking customize>choose a new site design. There is no template you can download to use for your blog.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    I think he mistyped his question; his Title says "font", so I think he wants to know the font name of that template.

Andy
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    Hey yes I simply want to know what font is used by default on the Koda template as I just want to use the same font (not the whole template) for my Blog. Does anybody know please?
    Oh and I am a She ;)
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,244 moderator
    edited February 27, 2014
    Ely wrote: »
    Hey yes I simply want to know what font is used by default on the Koda template as I just want to use the same font (not the whole template) for my Blog. Does anybody know please?
    • Customize...
    • Customize site...
    • Entire site...
    • Click the wrench on Theme
    • In the basics tab you should see the fonts you are using.
    Note that your smug site is using Google fonts.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    Thanks Denise. I have done that already but it only says default as I am using the default font of the Koda template which I like a lot. The problem is that I want to know the name of that font to use on my Blog which I am going to incorporate. I just need that font name which I cant find as it only says default. thanks
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    It looks like the list goes like this:

Merriweather,Roboto,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif

Thanks,

Andy

p.s. I used Firefox's Firebug plugin to review the generated / rendered CSS.
    p.p.s. Sorry about the he/she thing, Laughing.gif, no easy/good way to know :)
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    Hey no worries for the she/he thing :)
    What list is that? I tried Merriweather and Roboto but it's not the same.
    As for Helvetica, Arial, Sans Serif they dont seem to be in the list of fonts I can choose from on the New Smugmug's Koda template which is the one I am customising. I have Courier in the Legacy site but even Courier is not in that list... none of the traditional fonts is actually, which I found a bit weird or maybe I am missing something?
    PS I am migrating from Legacy so expect me to ask a few more things in the next days or so ;)
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    The list is from the CSS "font-family" property (http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_font_font-family.asp), the user's browser renders the first one it can (the first one installed / available on the computer being used), so it generally starts with the ones that are more desirable / artistic and ends with the ones that basically all computers have (gracefully degrading). For most people on modern computers / phones, they'll see the Merriweather fonting (https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Merriweather) as you desire. If they don't have that then it will be shown in Roboto if they have that and so on.

I'm not sure what fonts are available for which themes, but if you can customize the font of your blog to be the same list, your viewers should have a nice consistent experience.

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2014
    Thank you!