Options

removing watermarks from homepage images[Implemented]

13»

Comments

• Options
    dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2013
    EVERY gallery has that problem. Look at my home page - look at the bottom right of the thumbnail pictures used for navigation. You see my watermark there. It is so stupid. Those thumbnails are the ones that are created automatically by Smugmug in order for the user to navigate the site. It really would not be hard to generate a non-watermarked thumbnail LIKE THEY USED TO for legacy smugmug. Yes, it means generating one extra thumbnail over and above what they are currently generating every single time you upload images. But it's really not so hard to do. The "legacy programers" knew how to do it.

http://www.dterryphotography.com/

nine22 wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused on this... I have a simple work around that i've used and don't see where the issue is.

I simply have a gallery that is unlisted titled "homepage" or something, and thats where my photos go into that I want to display on my homepage, no watermark took very little time to set up via organizer...

my photos are not "clickable" on my homepage, is that the reasoning behind not wanting to so a seperate gallery?
  • Options
    dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2013
    And sure, yes, I could create a SEPARATE gallery for every-single-navigable-gallery-on-my-site, one that doesn't include watermarks, and upload-a-separate-copy of my images there and then go back to the organizer and set the thumbnail for each-and-every-gallery-manually.

But why?
  • Options
    ScottShotScottShot Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 1, 2013
    Unless I missed some announcement, this is still an unresolved issue. I'll add my vote for addressing it as it makes the Featured Events content block unusable.

I would especially want to see an "Option" for removing Watermarks from the images shown in the Events content block. In general though, for all the controls which display images it should be possible to make this an option with default to "display with watermarks" that you can set to "display without watermarks". That would address the comments from SmugMug that some pros want watermarks even on their "small" versions (aka thumbnails), while providing a much needed functionality for those of us who relied on unwatermarked thumbnails before.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2013
    dwterry wrote: »
    And sure, yes, I could create a SEPARATE gallery for every-single-navigable-gallery-on-my-site, one that doesn't include watermarks, and upload-a-separate-copy of my images there and then go back to the organizer and set the thumbnail for each-and-every-gallery-manually.

But why?

I understand, but at this point, this is the only way to do this. This is an active feature request, but I can not tell you when this will be implemented. I apologize.
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    Hi guys!

This is now possible. Please comment on the product news thread.

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1943452