Options

Seascapes: Pescadero and Davenport

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited March 14, 2014 in Landscapes
Cabrillo Highway runs along side of pacific giving opportunities to pull over at various beaches around Northern California. These are shots from two spots that I have recently discovered, Davenport and Pescadoro beaches.

Below are my attempts. All criticism and helpful pointers are always cherished!

1)

1403_davenport_pescadoro_0079-2-X2.jpg

2)

1403_davenport_pescadoro_0079-14-X2.jpg

3)

1403_Davnenport_0078-28-X2.jpg

4)

1403_davenport_pescadoro_0079-26-X2.jpg

5)

1403_davenport_pescadoro_0079-23-X2.jpg

6)

1403_Davnenport_0078-48-X2.jpg

7)

1403_Davnenport_0078-50-X2.jpg

8)

1403_davenport_pescadoro_0079-28-X2.jpg

9)

1403_davenport_pescadoro_0079-33-X2.jpg

10)

1403_davenport_pescadoro_0079-34-X2.jpg

11)

1403_Davnenport_0078-52-2-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 11, 2014
    You have an amazing eye, my friend. bowdown.gif

The master at his craft.
    UP3A7110-Edit-X2.jpg

And now I know all of your secrets. naughty.gif
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2014
    Can you clone out the tummy please!rolleyes1.gifcry

First of many bro! beer.gif
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2014
    Done! :D
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    Very nice! Particularly 5, 7 and 10. On 10, I'd see if the horizon's straight.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    Great stuff all around but #6 wins the prize. Love it. The composition really brings all the elements of that shot together. I'm so a sucker for landscapes in portrait orientation and #6 really works perfectly for it.

Joel... this area looks interesting to me. headscratch.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2014
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Very nice! Particularly 5, 7 and 10. On 10, I'd see if the horizon's straight.

Thanks Don! Much appreciated. I always spend time checking horizon...and did so here.....I checked it again and it probably is slightly tilted to right.....the similar tones of sea and sky make it bit more challenging to judge it.....but I should have caught it. Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2014
    Great stuff all around but #6 wins the prize. Love it. The composition really brings all the elements of that shot together. I'm so a sucker for landscapes in portrait orientation and #6 really works perfectly for it.

Joel... this area looks interesting to me. headscratch.gif

Thanks Alex! I like the symmetry for #6, and since I took it before others for same subject, there was more available light so it gave it little extra in terms of glow.

I think you would have fun in this area....or wherever you guys go....you are in very capable hands! Cheers!
  • Options
    silvio000silvio000 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    Stumblebum, that #6 sure is special ;-)

Man, you are creating real doubts in me about my next vacation destination ^_^

Sílvio Oliveirawww.silviooliveira.net

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    I understand why folks like #6... But, imho,#7 gets the trophy! clap.gif the color palette and the ethereal, surreal scene really appeal to me.
    It's cool that there is something here for many different viewer preferences... beautiful work Taz!

Again imo, landscape images are best presented in landscape orientation, unless there is an overriding
    compositional consideration.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2014
    silvio000 wrote: »
    Stumblebum, that #6 sure is special ;-)

Man, you are creating real doubts in me about my next vacation destination ^_^

Thanks! I think it it hard to go wrong with California so it is a pretty safe bet! Coast is one aspect but there is lot more! Cheers!
    Earache wrote: »
    I understand why folks like #6... But, imho,#7 gets the trophy! clap.gif the color palette and the ethereal, surreal scene really appeal to me.
    It's cool that there is something here for many different viewer preferences... beautiful work Taz!

Again imo, landscape images are best presented in landscape orientation, unless there is an overriding
    compositional consideration.

Thanks Eric! First instinct was portrait, but when I do that, I always hedge the bet with landscape and during processing felt that there was enough difference to keep both. Cheers!
  • Options
    OsoOso Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    Another fine set. I really like the two black and white images in particular and have a hunch the location in number two may yield even better results on a different visit in different light.
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2014
    Oso wrote: »
    have a hunch the location in number two may yield even better results on a different visit in different light.
    Your hunch is correct. The light was horrible there! My shots from that location at the same time are tossers. Of course Taz's comp was better than mine as well. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2014
    Oso wrote: »
    Another fine set. I really like the two black and white images in particular and have a hunch the location in number two may yield even better results on a different visit in different light.

Thanks Steve! Black and white add another dimension and liking it more and more! I got mine day before, but when we were there, sun was in our face so not very productive. Cheers!
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2014
    kdog wrote: »
    Your hunch is correct. The light was horrible there! My shots from that location at the same time are tossers. Of course Taz's comp was better than mine as well. mwink.gif

That session was a miss my friend, but in words of a great American, "I (We) shall return"....and do this in golden light! See you next month! Cheers!
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2014
    Have a great trip, Taz. wave.gif
  • Options
    T H O RT H O R Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2014
    A very nice set sir! I love the B&W shot (#11).

Todd