Options

Add Titles To The Bulk Edit Where Keyword And Captions Are

jfilerjfiler Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited April 24, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
In Organizer where you add/amend captions and keywords, add another column to do the same for titles.

Joe Filer
www.photographsbynature.com

Comments

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    jfiler wrote: »
    In Organizer where you add/amend captions and keywords, add another column to do the same for titles.

Joe Filer
    www.photographsbynature.com

For more info, see threads in Support forum:
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Add Title to Bulk Edit!
    Please please add the new Title field to the Bulk Edit.

Its a major pain to have to do Titles photo by photo but be able to do captions & keywords in bulk. Especially as I would like to edit a bunch of my old galleries now that this field is available but there is no way I have the time to do it one photo at a time (each one requiring 3 clicks to get to the title field!)
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited August 10, 2013
    I'd like to see this too - it makes little sense to force individual edits on one of 3 items for a photo.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ScottBuckelScottBuckel Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I would like this as well!
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    guy wrote: »
    Please please add the new Title field to the Bulk Edit.

Its a major pain to have to do Titles photo by photo but be able to do captions & keywords in bulk. Especially as I would like to edit a bunch of my old galleries now that this field is available but there is no way I have the time to do it one photo at a time (each one requiring 3 clicks to get to the title field!)

Cross-reference: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=238384
  • Options
    kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    And on the page that shows all the thumbs for gallery images, it would be great for the title and maybe some of the caption to be displayed on hover.
    Also, a sort option by Title would be great too.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Bulk-manage image titles
    In Options > Captions and Keywords, also include image titles so these can also be managed in bulk.

Otherwise, while image captions and keywords can be managed in bulk presently, titles can only be managed image by image, which can be very cumbersome when the present bulk function could be 'easily' extended to also allow this.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    agreed! I'd like to see this too.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    In Options > Captions and Keywords, also include image titles so these can also be managed in bulk.

Otherwise, while image captions and keywords can be managed in bulk presently, titles can only be managed image by image, which can be very cumbersome when the present bulk function could be 'easily' extended to also allow this.

FYI, I believe this was logged as a Feature Request here:
    Add Ttitles in Organizer
    Add Title to Bulk Edit!
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Merged three threads into one. Now Denise looks crazy for saying the same thing in the same thread thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    Not sure whether this is the right place for it, but the Image options are different in the specific image edits, and in the organiser. For instance, I can't replace an image through the organiser. Or not that I can find anyway. I have to do it on the individual image page within the site itself.

I haven't looked at what else is inconsistent between the two, but I should think that it would be logical that whatever you can do in the organiser for an individual photo, you should be able to do from the galleries, and the other way round too.

And I reiterate what I said below, that I would think it also logical to enable a sort by title.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    kimbomac wrote: »
    Not sure whether this is the right place for it, but the Image options are different in the specific image edits, and in the organiser. For instance, I can't replace an image through the organiser. Or not that I can find anyway. I have to do it on the individual image page within the site itself.

I haven't looked at what else is inconsistent between the two, but I should think that it would be logical that whatever you can do in the organiser for an individual photo, you should be able to do from the galleries, and the other way round too.

And I reiterate what I said below, that I would think it also logical to enable a sort by title.

Hi Kim,

You actually can replace an image in the organizer. Simply double click on the image while in organizer, and it will open the lightbox view, which has the Replace option.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Merged three threads into one. Now Denise looks crazy for saying the same thing in the same thread
    I look a bit crazy anyhow Michael - you just made it jump out!

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2013
    Hi Kim,

You actually can replace an image in the organizer. Simply double click on the image while in organizer, and it will open the lightbox view, which has the Replace option.

Well, it's clearly not intuitive and would make far more sense to be under the spanner, like everything else.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    Merged three threads into one. Now Denise looks crazy for saying the same thing in the same thread thumb.gif
    Not as crazy as this feature request still not being addressed, despite it being so important for so many users.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    Since the advent of SmugMug 2.0 over five months ago, the presumption has been that image keywords and captions should be maintainable in bulk, but not image titles.

This would be one of the simplest design oversights to fix, but is it done? No. It's spent four months at the "feedback forum" gathering 14 votes! This is nuts.
  • Options
    James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    This would be one of the simplest design oversights to fix, but is it done? No. It's spent four months at the "feedback forum" gathering 14 votes! This is nuts.
    + 1
    Fixing of this is long overdue. Please, please wind it up to the top of the "to do" list!
  • Options
    guyguy Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    + 1
    Fixing of this is long overdue. Please, please wind it up to the top of the "to do" list!

Agreed +1
  • Options
    todosLadostodosLados Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2014
    +1
    Would love to bulk edit titles for this reason:
    For anybody that happens to use Picasa to edit photos and then upload them to Smugmug, Picasa will automatically add the album title as each photo's title. There's no option to disable that, so every uploaded photo end up with a title that I really don't want.

I haven't seen an update to the Smugmug plugin for Picasa in years, so I'm hoping a quick bulk edit would be the workaround. But alas, no bulk edit of titles.
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2014
    +1 - major pain to edit titles one by one!
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube