Options

Post to FB Question

bipockbipock Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited May 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
In Legacy SM, we could pick 3-4 pics and link them as a post on FB. I've found where you can link a single image to FB that links back to the gallery, but I'd rather to able to link 3-4 as yu used to could do.

Is that ability gone away or am I overlooking it?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 27, 2014
    Nevermind. Found it.

On to another related question though. I followed the steps and completed the publish. Got the email from SM saying the upload had been published, but 20 minutes after the email, it's still not showing up on FB.

How long should this take?
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 28, 2014
    Brad, it usually takes a few minutes, depending on how many photos you want to publish. If they are still not appearing on your Facebook page, can you give us links to photos you are trying to publish so we have a look? If you don't want to share links here, please write us directly at the help desk (help @ smugmug.com) from the email address we have on file for your account.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2014
    Sorry for the delay Ana. I finally picked one picture and linked the whole gallery which isn't what I really wanted to do. As of today, the individual picture links still aren't showing even though I got the confirmation that it was published from SM. Also, when trying to link back to the gallery from FB on my phone, I am getting a message saying the link is bad - any idea what that is?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2014
    Did you re-organize any of the galleries / photos? Moving galleries to a different folder or changing the custom url of a gallery would break the previous link. It could also be that the gallery originally was public and you unlisted it, which would require an additional key attached to the link for it to work.
    It might be helpful if you could provide us with specific examples. Like a link to the photo you published along with the link to the photo on Facebook.

If you don't want to post this on a public forum, please contact the HelpDesk with details.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero