Options

Lighroom Sync Broke

DBRDBR Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited May 19, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I use SmugMug events to allow my wife to help select photos for slide shows. I set up events, and she marks favorites. I then sync her favorites to LightRoom, and work on those images. We've been doing this for a while, and it's a good workflow.

This afternoon, it was working fine. She had selected 197 images, and I synced them to LR. Then, after she selected a few more (total of about 500), I used the LR plugin to "Sync Photos" again. This time, during its initialization, it marked all 197 images as deleted, and left me with 0 image in "Rhonda's Favorites".

I emailed this to SmugMug help, and thought I'd see if anyone else was having similar issues.

I'm running LR-5.4 with the SM plugin 2.1.3, under 64-bit Windows 7 with all current updates. I have 16GB of RAM, a Core i7 and plenty of disk.

Looks like something changed, and it's now broken.

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2014
    Any chance that the gallery somehow disconnected. I had something similar happen when I changed the URL on Smugmug (at least I think it was that -- the point is I changed something that effectively broke the link so it didn't find the gallery).
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2014
    I tried re-sync-ing the hierarchy, and that didn't change anything. I would expect that to reestablish the link to the gallery if it was broken. Is there something else I should try? Maybe removing the folder in LR, then sync-ing the hierarchy again?
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2014
    I removed the hierarchy in LR, and re-synced the hierarchy, including the problem event and one other. After resyncing the hierarchy, I resynced the images. The problem directory still shows 0 image, and the other event in the same month shows 203 (as it should).
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2014
    I am not sure what would cause this, but I have wondered if you have gone into the browser and looked to see if your wife's favorites are still in her folder in the event?
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    Yep - the images are still there in the Event Favorites on SmugMug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    One of the heroes I was working with saw something in a screenshot I sent. I was using version 2.1.3 of the plugin, and had checked for updates using the Plug-in Manager. That indicated that I was up to date. The hero told me that I wasn't. I checked, and was able to download and install version 2.1.4.1. That worked - syncing was successful again.

Apparently I hit two bugs in the older version of the plugin. One prevented sync from working. The other prevented the update.

Thank you for your suggestions!

David
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2014
    Good to hear that you are up and running again :)