Options

Free Digital Downloads

dspiveyphotodspiveyphoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited June 10, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've read through several threads and don't think this has been specifically answered - I have an event gallery where I'd like several honorees from the event to be able to download a single image at no charge to them. I created a coupon for a print credit of $20 (the amount of a digital download) with no limit on the number of uses and no expiration date. It is restricted to a single event gallery. However, it has expired after a single use and is no longer available for other attendees to use.
Is there a different option/solution to make this work? Also, will there be a cost to me for offering the download as a print credit?

Comments

• Options
    dspiveyphotodspiveyphoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 16, 2014
    Bump... The natives are getting restless and I could really use some suggestions!
  • Options
    jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2014
    I'm interested in an update as well. It's been awhile since any new features have been pushed. Any updates would be welcome!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited May 17, 2014
    I created a coupon for a print credit of $20 (the amount of a digital download) with no limit on the number of uses and no expiration date. It is restricted to a single event gallery. However, it has expired after a single use and is no longer available for other attendees to use.
    We really need a comment from a SmugMug representative here to understand the intent of the coupon system, but...

I just took a look at coupons on my site. I find it interesting that if you choose a coupon type of "print credit" that it does not allow specification of Maximum Uses. I was not able to change that at all; it appears that a print credit can only be used once. If you have several people you want to make a print credit available to and the number is manageable - I would issue a separate coupon for each of them.

I don't see an option for a coupon that is limited to one use per person.

If you want multiple users to have access to a coupon without issuing separate coupons it appears that you will need to use a coupon type of Amount Off or Percent Off. You can specify either unlimited use or a maximum number of uses for either of those coupon types.

--- Denise
  • Options
    jh4wvujh4wvu Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2014
    BUMP
    We really need a comment from a SmugMug representative here to understand the intent of the coupon system.