Options

Why EZ Prints?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Costco is not close enough to me to be cost effective. I wish it were, I have no morals when it comes to money, and I do belong to Costco. However, I will not rejoin, it is just too far away.

I have had very good luck with smugmug printing, it was easy to do, the prints, small, normal 4 X 6, came rapidly and were great.

My only problem with it is still finding out the price info. I have walked my kids through it, they panic as it says something is in a cart and all they wanted to do was find out the prices.

I tell them that it is easy to take it back out of the cart, but they are already in a state of panic, their kids are bothering them about something, the dog is barking, everyone is hungry, and it is difficult for me to hold their attention long enough to really let them know how to do this.

However, as a customer, logged out, as an experiment while walking a kid through something the other day, I discovered that once I emptied my cart, I was off of that page and could not find anything to click on to take me back to my page w/o logging in.

That has been a pain to me a few times the last week or so.

Am I the only one?

re the guarantee, I just looked at it, looks great. A pain to do, but worth it I am sure.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Costco is not close enough to me to be cost effective. I wish it were, I have no morals when it comes to money, and I do belong to Costco. However, I will not rejoin, it is just too far away.

I have had very good luck with smugmug printing, it was easy to do, the prints, small, normal 4 X 6, came rapidly and were great.

My only problem with it is still finding out the price info. I have walked my kids through it, they panic as it says something is in a cart and all they wanted to do was find out the prices.

I tell them that it is easy to take it back out of the cart, but they are already in a state of panic, their kids are bothering them about something, the dog is barking, everyone is hungry, and it is difficult for me to hold their attention long enough to really let them know how to do this.

However, as a customer, logged out, as an experiment while walking a kid through something the other day, I discovered that once I emptied my cart, I was off of that page and could not find anything to click on to take me back to my page w/o logging in.

That has been a pain to me a few times the last week or so.

Am I the only one?

re the guarantee, I just looked at it, looks great. A pain to do, but worth it I am sure.

ginger

Hello Ginger -

you can show your family the regular price list it's right here and it's at the bottom of every standard smugmug page, including www.smugmug.com. If you have pro pricing enabled for a gallery, you can also make up your own pricing page, using the html only option for a page or just work one up in photoshop and save it as a jpg, and stick it in a gallery all by itself. Pretty easy, and it should alleviate their concern about having to put something in the cart.

The shopping cart always has a "your photos" button at the top, Ginger. When you are logged in, you'll go back to your homepage when you click it. When you are logged out, you can simply go back to smugmug.com or anywhere else you like.

I am sorry you think the guarantee is a pain to do, I wish I had a better answer for you...

here's the HTML you can insert in any gallery description, would this help to make it less painful?
    <br><a href="http://www.smugmug.com/prints/shipping.mg" target="_blank">Estimated shipping charges</a>
    <br><a href="http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg" target="_blank">Our guarantee</a>
    <br><a href="http://www.smugmug.com/help/digital-prints" target="_blank">Help with the shopping cart</a>

All the best,

Andy
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Andy, I think Ginger meant that the guarantee is a pain for YOU to do. At least that's what I think, but I'm glad it's there. Granted I've had no returns yet, at least that I know of, but there has been one sale where I thought crap there's a cast in there, but the buyer apparently didn't care (in fact I e-mailed him specifically to ask if there were any noise or color issues and he said it looks great).
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Andy, I think Ginger meant that the guarantee is a pain for YOU to do. At least that's what I think, but I'm glad it's there. Granted I've had no returns yet, at least that I know of, but there has been one sale where I thought crap there's a cast in there, but the buyer apparently didn't care (in fact I e-mailed him specifically to ask if there were any noise or color issues and he said it looks great).

Thanks Marlinspike :D I hope that's the case!