Options

Webmaster Tools: Increase in server errors

13»

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited August 25, 2014
    DeeRich wrote: »
    Trying to install the StatCounter but finding it not so easy. It tells me to look for things that are not there.
    If you log onto statcounter you should see a list of projects that you set up. I'm assuming that you have already added your smug site there but you haven't placed in information into smug. If that's true, click the wrench icon under Settings, then click Security Code in the left menu. You should see a Project ID and Security Code on that page. Copy the values shown there and place them in your smug site, stats page, statcounter section.

If you haven't added your smug site to stat counter yet, see this help page - http://statcounter.com/smugmug/.

--- Denise
  • Options
    shandrewshandrew Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 33 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 25, 2014
    RobLoud wrote: »
    However the same gallery would not fetch or fetch and render on the 8th August using the correct name.

Yes, 8/8 was one of the days when Googlebot was running an test/experiment on SmugMug sites, so an "Unreachable" or similar error from "Fetch as Google" would not be an unusual result from that time period (8/8-8/12). You may be able to see some of what they were doing in Crawl->Crawl Stats.
    I work at SmugMug but these opinions are usually my own.