LAB and the Turner sky -- A tutorial for Ginger

2»

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I just wanted to thank you, Rutt.
    Good job. Congratulations on making the finals with this image. I'm proud to have been your retoucher.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2004
    I ordered the book
    I am proud that you were my retoucher. And I enjoyed it, most of it, smile.
    I would hope to look forward to more collaboration.

I bought the book, ordered it, anyway. It was my thinking that it would make it easier to understand what you are talking about. According to the reviews I read on the book, most of which were great, I am never going to be able to understand either one, you or the book. But I took the chance. If one sentence sticks............that is usually the way I look at those things. Kind of like that book on the universe.

I am so happy to make it to the finals............there were a lot of great photos up there, including yours. And Snappy's bench, it had a serenity. I could go on.

My theory is that Sid's photo could win after the brouhau where I said it wouldn't. I hope it does, though there are others as good, don't remember the names, maybe one is tranquility, or something, probably not. But it is a photo of a man sitting on the bench looking depressed, with light all around. The trees were the only color, and he kept changing from color to black and white..........don't think it mattered myself.

Anyway, I did want to say thank you, again. You know this was a part of my goal, I consider it an honor to be in The Challenge with people as good as you and them. I have said, often, that if I had read some of the photographic backgrounds on the people involved, I never would have entered. I had no idea when I joined here.

So, I like my photo, I got into the final 10, and I have had a short nap. What more could I want, and why do I keep thinking about how to photograph "reflections", lol.

Oh, I did always say, back when I first did photograhy, seriously, kind of, that if I were famous, rich, something, I would have a lab do all my developing. Then I discovered the joys of creating in the darkroom, but it never was my favorite part of photography. Loved giving birth to a picture, though. So many of the famous people did use labs, assistants and retouchers, and probably still do that. It was great to have a retoucher. Can I kid and say that next time I will just send you the photograph to work up. Laugh!

thanks for the thanks,

I am sure that Andy will say good things about your photograph of the "fog man". Probably, that it was just edged out. It is a good photograph. I like it.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.