Gallery Stats

jedinudistjedinudist Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited August 20, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi there
just got a question on gallery stats. Have my photos up for sale and Ive had about 10,000 views but no sales :(But anyway its a learning experience.
On the gallery picture stats it details the views of each sized photos. Small medium large , originals etc.
I have quite a few viewings of 'originals' which is funny as you cant 'view' an original unless your purchase and download it.
Can someone clarify this ?

Cheers

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 19, 2015
    jedinudist wrote: »
    On the gallery picture stats it details the views of each sized photos. Small medium large , originals etc.
    I have quite a few viewings of 'originals' which is funny as you cant 'view' an original unless your purchase and download it.
    Can someone clarify this ?
    Have you blocked access to the originals (in the photo protection section of the gallery settings)? What is the largest display size that you allow?

Can you include a link to a gallery on your site where you can see the originals have been accessed?

--- Denise
  • jedinudistjedinudist Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2015
    HI Denise
    Yeah I have downloads turned off and display set to large with a watermark

https://aotearoaphoto.smugmug.com/Dryandra-Showjumping-August-8-/Dryandra-Day-1-/
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 20, 2015
    jedinudist wrote: »
    Yeah I have downloads turned off and display set to large with a watermark

https://aotearoaphoto.smugmug.com/Dryandra-Showjumping-August-8-/Dryandra-Day-1-/
    Interesting. The only people who can access the originals are you or someone who works for SmugMug (or the lab). Hopefully someone from SmugMug will jump in here with an answer.

--- Denise
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited August 20, 2015
    Don't know whether this is relevant (or even true anymore), but I remember years ago noticing the same thing. Turned out to be a false alarm. At that time, it was really easy to modify the URL of an image request to specify the size. The stats were simply keeping track of the requests, but SM replied to a request for an original with the largest size permitted for the gallery. So people could request originals (and the stats would show that) but they weren't actually getting them.

Hopefully someone from SM will clarify. ear.gif
  • jedinudistjedinudist Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2015
    Interesting. The only people who can access the originals are you or someone who works for SmugMug (or the lab). Hopefully someone from SmugMug will jump in here with an answer.

--- Denise

I know I went in there and downloaded a couple in my profile to see how the process worked but I haven't requested that many originals.

what smugmug needs to show is DOWNLOADS