Options

Add background color to video and slideshow content blocks?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2014
    Yes, without doing some selective CSS, the '.sm-widget-text' will apply to all.

Try this for your video:
    .sm-page-node-7pNJK .sm-youtube-center {}

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2014
    Yes, without doing some selective CSS, the '.sm-widget-text' will apply to all.

Try this for your video:

THANK YOUUUUUU. This page gets the most hits on my site, so I am so glad to bring it a tad bit out of the dark ages. Next I will try to figure out how to blend some of the boxes... and also how to find the codes you've given me, for example I will need the equivalent for the smugmug videos...
    wings.giflustwings.gif
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    THANK YOUUUUUU. This page gets the most hits on my site, so I am so glad to bring it a tad bit out of the dark ages. Next I will try to figure out how to blend some of the boxes... and also how to find the codes you've given me, for example I will need the equivalent for the smugmug videos...
    wings.giflustwings.gif

What Smugmug video? I thought I gave you the code? Maybe because I don't do video, I'm missing something? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2014
    What Smugmug video? I thought I gave you the code? Maybe because I don't do video, I'm missing something? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif

Oh, you know I should check but since the code you gave me specified youtube, I thought it would not work for smugmug videos. One can embed both kinds, youtube and video stored on smugmug itself. I will check with a test.
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Oh, you know I should check but since the code you gave me specified youtube, I thought it would not work for smugmug videos. One can embed both kinds, youtube and video stored on smugmug itself. I will check with a test.

Mike I took a wild and random guess, mainly because I didn't want to do any work if I didn't have to :D -
    and the code for SM videos as opposed to youtube videos:
    becomes
    .sm-page-node-7pNJK .sm-video-center {}

clap.gif
  • Options
    BluegrassBluegrass Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    This adds a border and you can then see that the width needs to be adjusted.

.sm-page-widget-4316190 {
    border: 2px solid #ccc;
    background:#d0effa;
    box-shadow:0 0 6px 0 #000;
    }

Since receiving Allen's help and reading other examples on DGrin I've been able to find the widget number so I could modify the background color and add borders to all types of content blocks "except Video".

I uploaded a short video but can't get the widget number because when I right click on the video content block it doesn't give me the "Inspect Element" option in the menu. I also tried using Firefox with the Developer Toolkit but couldn't find a way to inspect the code to get the widget number for the Video there, either.

Question:
    Can someone please let me know how you were able to find the widget number for an uploaded video? Thx!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    Bluegrass wrote: »
    Since receiving Allen's help and reading other examples on DGrin I've been able to find the widget number so I could modify the background color and add borders to all types of content blocks "except Video".

I uploaded a short video but can't get the widget number because when I right click on the video content block it doesn't give me the "Inspect Element" option in the menu. I also tried using Firefox with the Developer Toolkit but couldn't find a way to inspect the code to get the widget number for the Video there, either.

Question:
    Can someone please let me know how you were able to find the widget number for an uploaded video? Thx!
    Where is this video, got a link to it? Did you add a title to the widget? Might be able to R/C on it.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    BluegrassBluegrass Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    Allen wrote: »
    Where is this video, got a link to it? Did you add a title to the widget? Might be able to R/C on it.

Hi, Allen. Thank you so much for your reply.

I haven't published to the New SmugMug yet so I'm not sure you can get to my files, but here are the links just in case...

In the Gallery where I uploaded the video:
    http://www.pearlbluegrass.com/organize/NEWSmugMug-Files/NEWMap/PHOTOS-Map/i-Jz434dL

When I right-clicked on the video content block from the page where I inserted it, the "Inspect Element" option wasn't listed in the menu. But when I right-clicked on the video in the gallery "Inspect Element" was listed.

However, I am not certain I am in the right place because I still did not see the "sm-page-widget-########" listed as I do with all the other content block types.

I added a title to search on (called "FIND-THIS-TITLE") as you suggested but can't see the way to do a search in "Inspect Element" either on Chrome or using Firefox.

Thanks for your help,
    ...Sue