Options

Move customized block from Homepage to entire site

stlracingstlracing Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited October 6, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Is it possible to "move" a content block such as a Navigation Menu from just the Homepage to "Entire Site" ?? Created a large menu and for some reason I only put it on the Homepage and not the entire site when i created it.

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2015
    stlracing wrote: »
    Is it possible to "move" a content block such as a Navigation Menu from just the Homepage to "Entire Site" ?? Created a large menu and for some reason I only put it on the Homepage and not the entire site when i created it.

Unfortunately, no, not possible to move it that way. I recall doing the same thing way back when. I recreated the Menu on Entire site. Then decided to leave the Menu on the Homepage, alone. So I now have two menus, and when I need to update them, I update them both.
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 675 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2015

There's been a long standing request for this or for variations that do something similar. See http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/4523590-ability-to-copy-pages-custom-templates-maintai#comments
    You might as well add your vote there, although it already has a substantial following. I even think I've heard some SM agreement that it would be a good idea, with the usual soft-peddling as to when it could or would happen.
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2015
    You would have to duplicate it.
    Open a new browser tab of the same page. In new tab create the new menu. Use the old tab to view
    and copy titles/links etc. to new menu.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    zbreezezbreeze Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    Is there a way to create this in HTML/CSS? Then the customization could be copy/pasted into HTML in each customized location.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    zbreeze wrote: »
    Is there a way to create this in HTML/CSS? Then the customization could be copy/pasted into HTML in each customized location.
    You could go into the page source and copy the menu html and paste into notepad. You'd at least have
    something to copy and paste from when creating new menu. Not the html but titles and links.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    Along the lines that Allen's describing in terms of getting the HTML, you could also use Nicholas Sherlock's Chrome extension to pull a set of gallery titles. It generates the HTML, and there are lots of options for customizing the links. What I especially like is the permalink option. That way if I change my site, the links work. I don't have a navbar menu, but I use them on a separate visitor site map page.

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=240752