Options

Homecoming @ Home Studio

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited October 13, 2015 in People
So, I set up my green screen and new (to me) Alien AB800 x 2 with 52" Softboxes with an old Sunbeam flash to bounce from the ceiling to give hair lights....

My intention was to shoot my daughter and her bff... but when the sky's opened up with the rain, I got a whole crowd of beautiful young Homecoming Queens squeezing into my cramped little back room studio... Here are the results.. Main at shoulder, camera right 45 degree... Fill at Cam left 45 degree and just above head height pointed down... bounce hair light at camera's 8 o'clock ... It was very cramped or I would have moved lights elsewhere... we're talking a 12x12 room here with a computer desk, bookshelf and a few other small sundries in it...

My Daughter.....
Sevanna12015101038-X2.jpg

Sev2tone2015101045green-X2.jpg

Sevanna22015101047-X2.jpg

Bff
201510101-X2.jpg

2015101067-X2.jpg

2015101082-X2.jpg

20151010127-X2.jpg

So many more.... here is the gallery link; http://www.prismaticimagery.com/The-Work/Homecoming

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    #3 has some weird stuff going on with hair.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2015
    Foques wrote: »
    #3 has some weird stuff going on with hair.

Most likely it is an artifact from the Green Screen software..... when models stand too close to the green backdrop, it bleeds over and the software corrects this by clipping out the green edges... that can affect loose portions like hair and such.... I will have to go into the shot and heal that area in LR. With the "studio" space being so cramped I was having a hard time having the girls not get too close to the backdrop yet not too close to me.... I was shooting with 24mm, but the tight confines left very little wiggle room for full length shots and having them too close tothe bg.... I didn't try to harp them about it as it was a "fun" night and not supposed to be anything serious.... I was pumping these out to have the girls see them the weekend of the dance and get the couple of Senior Portraits I got the opportunity to do the next day.... when it rains it pours or so they say.

Thank you for pointing that out, i'll have to take the time to fix that.

Was that the only glaring thing.....? Did I miss anything else. I don't know that I could have done too much else with lighting... I guess I could have tried clamshell, but other than that... how do you feel about my lighting? I'm willing to take critique if there is any to be given.... so feel free to fire away. I really did try to pose some of them (i'm weak at posing models), but they were having none of it.

Cheers.

Lee
    Lee Wiren