Options

Keywords problem

HokkaidoStuHokkaidoStu Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited February 15, 2016 in Bug Reporting
Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I just tried adding keywords to multiple items in the gallery organizer and my browser just hangs and freezes. I tried both chrome and firefox, the same thing happens. My internet connection is fine. I have to reload the page which sends me back to the gallery page.

I can move/collect photos easily, that doesn't seem to be affected but a lot of my galleries are smart galleries that rely on keywording.

I dump all my photos from Lightroom into a 'new photos' gallery and then move/collect/keyword from there. This bug (if it is a bug and not just me ) is a bit of a pain.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 11, 2016
    Bulk keywording issues
    (I put this thread in the smugmug support forum but just realised it may be better here..........apologies for double posting)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I just tried adding keywords to multiple items in the gallery organizer and my browser just hangs and freezes. I tried both chrome and firefox, the same thing happens. My internet connection is fine. I have to reload the page which sends me back to the gallery page.

I can move/collect photos easily, that doesn't seem to be affected but a lot of my galleries are smart galleries that rely on keywording.

I dump all my photos from Lightroom into a 'new photos' gallery and then move/collect/keyword from there. This bug (if it is a bug and not just me ) is a bit of a pain.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited February 11, 2016
    It looks like you've encountered the same problem reported here.

You might want to try the bulk editor provided by Sherlock Photography, http://origin.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/SmugMug-for-Chrome. You will need to use the Chrome browser to use this tool.

You should also be aware that you can add the keywords and captions in Lightroom instead of adding them after the fact in your smug galleries. That means that the words are attached to the photo no matter where you use the photos.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2016
    Thanks, I'll give that Chrome extension a try...............
  • Options
    LivingstonLivingston Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2016
    Thanks, I'll give that Chrome extension a try...............

Just fyi, I have the same problem. End up having to refresh the web page to free things up.

Also looking at the Chrome option and the use of Lightroom. I'm beginning to think SM is great for display but may not have robust tools for database management.

Liv
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2016
    Livingston wrote: »
    Just fyi, I have the same problem. End up having to refresh the web page to free things up.

Also looking at the Chrome option and the use of Lightroom. I'm beginning to think SM is great for display but may not have robust tools for database management.

Liv

The chrome extension is OK, it works well adding keywords but isn't as easy as the regular gallery organizer page (or maybe I'm not used to it).

I should add keywords more from Lightroom I guess, then I can just forget about them as soon as I upload.
  • Options
    Dave EnglishDave English Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2016
    This used to work. It's annoying that it no longer works. Any update to this matter?