Options

Add a Disqus Comment Content Block to 'Services'

2»

Comments

• Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2015
    SM, it ts time to put humpty dumpty back together. Time to allow comments without 'red tape' if the owner so chooses.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    jennricajennrica Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2015
    Added this to another thread & thought worthwhile to add here.

"Not sure this has been mentioned before but as one who recently switched from Zenfolio to Smugmug I suggest Smugmug look at Zenfoilio and a number of other sites that easily allow comments for guidance. I had no problem with visitors making comments with my Zenfolio site and am tempted to go back. Simply put, if a visitor honors me by visiting my site and wants to comment about my work, why make it difficult? Seems like a pound of prevention for an ounce of cure."
  • Options
    gysphotosgysphotos Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 30, 2016
    I definitely agree, I did not try this on my trial period, its a big downside for me. As not only a photographer but a BLOGGER, this is a must have for me since I want my customers to interact on my site. I just asked a client to leave a comment, this was her reply: "It gives me an option to log in, then it says it does not recognize the email, then it asks to log in with facebook, I don't like to log in with facebook for privacy reasons, I don;t have a google+ account, I have my facebook set up as private, so i didn't post a comment" . She literally sent this message through my contact form, which ironically "Does NOT ask a client to log in only give email info.
    Only for this reason I am also thinking to move one to another host, unless this is solve PROMPTLY.
    Regards!