Domain forwarding change probs

I SimoniusI Simonius WeatherSealedPhotographerPosts: 1,034Registered Users Major grins

Hi

I tried changing my go daddy linked domain name from 'Simons.pictures' to 'hypnoswan.com' (yes I'm nuts!) but can't make it work.

I followed the instructions on smug mug and on go daddy but when clicking on the link in my smug mug settings to use go daddy connect , nothing happens, looks like the link is dead

Please advise?

thanks

Simon

Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• I SimoniusI Simonius WeatherSealedPhotographer Posts: 1,034Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 26, 2018

any chance of getting a hand with this please?

:)

Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • I SimoniusI Simonius WeatherSealedPhotographer Posts: 1,034Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 26, 2018

OK managed to work out that it was the pop up blocker that was stopping it !
    So I changed the domain I wanted it forwarding- it and it seemed to have worked- I saved and exited - but now I can't access my site at all just getting this message below

[
    (https://us.v-cdn.net/6029383/uploads/editor/tr/sogrun4t31ng.png "")

Now I cannot access my site at all

:(

Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..

AHA! so now safari seems to work! hurrah -

But when I clicked the retest status to double check it hangs............just stuck on 'testing'....

Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Walkin' like a Penguin! Atwater, CaPosts: 3,962Registered Users Major grins
  • herojosieherojosie SmugMug Support Hero Posts: 66Registered Users Big grins

Hey Simon,

I'm sending you a quick email from the help desk just to go over this directly :) Keep an eye out for it in your inbox.

Thanks,
    Josie
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks,
    Josie
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks Guys -sorry I thought the forum was the place

Anyhoo-looks like its sorted now

hurrah!

What threw me at thee a=start was that I didn't realise the go daddy link wouldn't work unless I allowed pop ups as the blocker was what was stopping it- only found out when I tried Firefox instead to see if it was a safari specific prob, Firefox at least notified me that the pop up blocker wa stopping something whereas safari didn't give me that clue

cheers

Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..