Options

Quick settings and/or Gallery Cover Image change?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

I'm not sure what you mean by "refresh". Re-install the plug-in? No, I haven't tried that. I was creating a new gallery rather than checking the status of an existing gallery; I can see the need to reapply the Quick Setting in that case.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2018

More testing.

I went back to my test gallery on LR and went to edit the gallery settings there. "None" showed as the Quick Setting, as I'd expect. (Quick Settings are actions, not states of the system.) The Gallery Cover Image flag was set to ON. When I reapply the "Initialize 2016-03" Quick Setting I used to create the gallery -- I that what you meant? -- the Cover Image Flag does NOT flip, even though when creating a new gallery, it set the Gallery Cover Image to OFF. If I toggle other settings, the "Initialize 2016-03" Quick Setting does undo the toggle.

I next manually set the Gallery Cover Image to OFF. Back on my website, that did kill the cover image. But then if I return to LR, open up the editing tab on that gallery, and reapply the "Initialize 2016-03" Quick Setting, the Gallery Cover Image stays at OFF.

So it sort of looks like whatever the Quick Setting has, in the LR plugin it doesn't necessarily apply it to the Gallery Cover Image flag.

(I haven't done any tests outside the plugin. My workflow uses the plugin almost exclusively for creating galleries and initializing their settings.)

• Options

Sorry for the third post in a row. I finally realized "refresh" meant hit the refresh entry when you open the list of Quick Settings in LR. Duh!
    Makes no difference.

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

The Lightroom Plugin is currently ignoring (and has always ignored) the Gallery Cover Image setting when applying quick settings. We'll have to find some time to prioritize adding that in. Otherwise everything appears to be working again with QS's and Cover Image

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2018

(also, @Jtring, for reference, Cover Image launched in June 2016).

dGrin Afficionado
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

@leftquark said:
    The Lightroom Plugin is currently ignoring (and has always ignored) the Gallery Cover Image setting when applying quick settings. We'll have to find some time to prioritize adding that in. Otherwise everything appears to be working again with QS's and Cover Image

I guess I'm confused as I thought that quick settings had been working, and it was the plugin that was broken, but the plugin remains broken (got it).

Hopefully you can get that fixed also. Thanks for the update.

• Options

So is this ever going to get fixed!?

You broke this years ago, and it is still broken now two years, if memory serves.

This isn't a feature request. You caused the issue by rolling out a feature without support in the plugin.

So now about half the time, since I almost never use the web interface, I end up hosing the display of new galleries because I can't automate it with my preset like everything else.

Please?

• Options
    edited July 2, 2018

This was fixed in version 3.1.5.0 of the LR plugin (the current version is 3.1.6.0)

dGrin Afficionado
  • Options

I was on 3.1.5.0, now 3.1.6.0, but I may have learned something. I had not done 3.1.6.0 as it just disabled multi-threading, which avoided a bug we quickly discovered in 3.1.5.0, but I had turned it off so just let it be.

I have been editing the plugin on the web sie, then doing a refresh. I thought that pulled down the new settings to the LR Plugin.

Is that not correct?

I didn't even realize this option exists (it's doubly confusing since it exists only if you context-click on the published setup and not if you go in from the File, Plugin Manager bar).

But what's also odd is when I looked it shows "off". Yet it was most definitely not off last time I tried..... wait....OK, AFTER opening this option but without changing anything (it came up "off") a new gallery worked.

I cannot confirm it, but I think either 3.1.6.0 was required, or more likely it required one to actually go into this option before something got initialized. It was most definitely not working the same as the web, over recent months I've refreshed and tried numerous times, and always end up going to the web and applying that quick setting to get it to go away.

I'm glad it is fixed.

I would very much like to know what "refresh" does, if not what I thought? Must one maintain the quick settings in parallel, web and plugin?