Few from Spring tour up North of Pakistan

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

Finally after failed attempt two years ago which i shared here, we were able to make it this time uptill Sost village close to Chinese border. Hereis first batch of photos in random order.
1: The killer Mountain, Nanga Perbat after sunset - this was actually last shot of tour

2: Siblings

3: End of the day in Nagar Valley

4:

5: Closeup of Hooper Glacier

6: Golden Peak or Spantik Peak

7:

8: Hunter

9:

10: Rakaposhi mountain and old styled house locals told me ancient silk route used to pass from here

11:

12: Shadows and highlights

13: High Altitude Smile- Met her in Sost village, last population before Khunjrab China border

14: Spring Abstract

More from trip and some cell phone shots to come in next threat. Meanwhile check out gallery containing autumn season images from Hunza

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Awais, there are some stunning photos here!

The first shot is spectacular. Photo 2 of the siblings stands out, as does 14, the spring abstract. The gallery is wonderful - I think it's going to take a bit of time for me to pick my favorites there.

• minxliuminxliu Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Awais , stunning shot there...
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited June 10, 2018

These. Are. Awesome! I don't want to say this was worth the one year delay, but, WOW. Awais, if you took pictures for National Geographic Magazine (not sure if you might have heard of that publication or not), these would fit right into a story of the peoples and culture there just perfectly. I just looked through your entire gallery.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Bravo! Gorgeous images.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

As always Awais,... great angles, good captures and all well treated...

Good work...

Rags
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

I love viewing your work! You have a great eye for capturing the people and their land.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Wonderful set! The mountain shots are spectacular, #1 in particular and your portraits are wonderful as always. But I think my favorites this time are the ones with a single person in the landscape. I like #4 and #7, and especially #12: shadows and highlights. Although the person walking down the road is very a very small part of the scene, the body language seems to tell a story. Maybe something different to each viewer. The individual and his shadow seem to stand out among the linear elements of the scene. These photos seem to capture a moment in the subject's life. I'm usually someone who prefers photos of nature and scenery but this time the addition of a person makes the scenery even more special. IMHO of course.

~~Barbara
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins

What a beautiful place to visit, great photos as always you make me want to venture your way. One day!

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

Thanks a lot friends. I have another set in processing will upload soon.

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

@jerryr said:
    nice series - especially #7 - great job

Thanks Jerry :)

My Gallery
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Awesome as always! Impossible to pick a favorite.

• olga1122olga1122 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Stunning photography. Revelational in terms of humanity. Thank you for sharing.

@Juano said:
    Awesome as always! Impossible to pick a favorite.

@olga1122 said:
    Stunning photography. Revelational in terms of humanity. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks a lot friends. Glad you liked them. still some clicks to process hope to do soon

My Gallery
  • choudhrysaabchoudhrysaab Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins

Are these the ancestors of Alexander The Great (or at least that's what I've been told about the tribes that live in north most parts of Pakistan). Nonetheless these are AWESOME pictures. Keep up the great work Awais.

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins

Awais - #1, 6, 8, and 9 are pretty fantastic!! Very nice images as always,

"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

@choudhrysaab said:
    Are these the ancestors of Alexander The Great (or at least that's what I've been told about the tribes that live in north most parts of Pakistan). Nonetheless these are AWESOME pictures. Keep up the great work Awais.

No, their roots can be traced in China. Ancestors of People from Kalash valley Chitral are said to be moved with Alexander's army

My Gallery

@anwmn1 said:
    Awais - #1, 6, 8, and 9 are pretty fantastic!! Very nice images as always,

Thanks Araon glad you liked them!

My Gallery
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Awais....

Fantastic images. Having spent some time personally in Pakistan...you have captured the land and its wonderful people so beautifully. This part of Pakistan has always been a dream destination of my. So wonderful to see your excellent images. For me (as for most who have commented) #1 is stunning. Love the imagery and the composition. Next in high order are images #8 and #9. You did an excellent job, in my opinion, with these two images. Upon first sight, I actually felt that the person could reach out and speak to me. Very well done!! Thank you too for bringing back some great memories of time spent in this amazing country.

@El Gato said:
    Awais....

Fantastic images. Having spent some time personally in Pakistan...you have captured the land and its wonderful people so beautifully. This part of Pakistan has always been a dream destination of my. So wonderful to see your excellent images. For me (as for most who have commented) #1 is stunning. Love the imagery and the composition. Next in high order are images #8 and #9. You did an excellent job, in my opinion, with these two images. Upon first sight, I actually felt that the person could reach out and speak to me. Very well done!! Thank you too for bringing back some great memories of time spent in this amazing country.

Thanks! nice to hear about your wonderful time in Pakistan!

My Gallery
  • LightMagicLightMagic Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins

Amazing!

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

A terrific series Awais, all excellent and insightful. If I had to pick favorites, They would be 4, 6, 7, 9, 11 and 14. Those are stunning! Curious as to the type of trees that are flowering In the numbers 4 and 7. I must commend you on the excellent capture of the character-filled faces in the people shots.

My other monitor Is scrolling through the images on your website as I type... Amazing work Awais!

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________