Options

Any reason to keep old Photouse magazines?

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins

I have volumes of mags going bacl to 2012. I suppose a lot of versions of LR and PS have changed .

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited February 20, 2019

I try to pitch my photoshop user mags annually anymore - they just don't usually have great value after a couple years.

There are occasional articles that are timeless. I may tear those out and save them or digitize them by scanning - depends on my mood I suspect

Its easier for me how to do something I rarely do, by searching on YouTube than digging through a stack of old magazines. Times change, and I do too, but slowly I think. 🙁

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins

The problem is, the magazines are a mix of good old fundamental techniques, new feature info, and the "latest breaking news" as far as that is possible for a 3-month lead-time print magazine in the age of the Internet. I used to tear out and file the good parts before tossing them, but then I realized Kelby started providing PDF back issues on their web site. So I stopped saving any of the paper and instead, I downloaded all of the back issues I could, because then their PDF contents would turn up when I search for Photoshop terms on my computer.

Then I stopped my Kelby membership because I kind of grew out of it.