Miscellany

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,823 Major grins

A few recent ones.

1 Yucca flowers.

2 Iris.

3 Vigas and walls. It's a southwestern thing.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,025 Major grins

Three great shots truly! I mean pure joy!

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,823 Major grins

Thanks, Taz. Really appreciated.

• toragstorags Major grins Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins

The Iris is nice Corny... good result

Rags
  • David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandAdministrators Posts: 12,619 moderator

Nice set. In particular, the third is perfection.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainAdministrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,235 moderator
  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,823 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2018

Rags, David, Richard, thank you!

When I took the third one I was wondering why on earth I liked it, but I did. :)

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 2,846 Major grins

Hey Don, I just came across this post. These three are all winners for me, especially the beautiful curves and subtle colors of the iris.

Thanks, Sara. I'd almost forgotten these. :)

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,025 Major grins

Good stuff!

• willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Registered Users Posts: 2,113 Major grins

I like the b&w in no 3....well done.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks, Willard.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Straight from the trenches Stuttgart, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 315 Major grins

Number #2 is hitting the sweet color spot man. Especially that blue is fantastic, but the combination of blue/yellow and that large white negative space just kills it!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• RalphMoonRalphMoon SF Bay AreaRegistered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    The author George Saunders believes that the highest aim of writing is "to jolt us (albeit temporarily)
    into a more awake and uncertain state of mind." I feel the same about picture making. Your #3 does that for me.

--Ralph
    Smugmug: https://ralphmoon.com

"There is nothing as mysterious as a fact clearly described." -- Garry Winogrand (or Lisette Model)

Thanks, Ralph. And I like the quote from Saunders. :)