Options

Cherry Blossom in Sapa - Vietnam

FixerinvietnamFixerinvietnam Registered Users Posts: 1 Many Grins
edited March 1, 2020 in Landscapes
Attempting to see snowfall in Sapa Dec 2019 - spending a night at 10 311.6798ft above sea level.
It was an unforgettable experience that I ever had. I was planning to see some snowfall in this region which rarely occurs in Vietnam. But after checking weather forecast which said the temperature would drop down to -3 degree celsius in Sapa and the local also said that It was positive to see snowfall. I obtained permit to stay overnight on the roof top of the Fansifan (also known as the roof top of Indochina). Regular tourists will be asked to leave before 6PM.
I joined other photographers, who were there excited to see snowfall as much as I was, and stayed at the highest point of the mountain.
After the sun set, nightfall came, temperature began to drop fast. it was -5 and then -7 and - 9 The air was thin and pressure was high. -9 degree celsius at 10 thousand plus ft would be much different than on ground level. The cold was unbearable.
But there was no snow for the next three days. Our attemp failed.
It was sunny but freezing. Did not had a chance to see snow. So took these photos in the city center instead.

![](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49240205823_c47cc49e15_b.jpg "")

![](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49240187968_a0f6db0871_b.jpg "")
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Hi Fixer and welcome to Dgrin. I'm the moderator of Landscapes.

You have probably noticed that your images aren't showing up. There are two reasons for this. The first reason is that we no longer use IMG tags for embedding images, as we've switched to a different system that uses markup code for that purposes. I have edited your picture links with the necessary markup code. The easiest way to post images in the future is to use the embed-image icon in the composition window toolbar which will generate the markup code for your image URLs. The icon looks like a little mountain.

The second reason is that a feature of our automatic spam detection requires you to have three posts before you can post a picture. We have attempted to override this on your behalf, but for whatever reason it's not taking. Perhaps it will work if you create a new post. Or you may be stuck until you make some more posts, perhaps by commenting on other folks posts. That's a good thing because it helps you to build a rapport with others in the group. If after three posts the images in this post don't show up, then please try creating a new post which can simple be a copy of this one, and I'll delete the old one. Sorry for the inconvenience!