Options

Any Advice for Shooting Competitive Cheer

sunshinegirlsunshinegirl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited March 5, 2021 in Sports
I am shooting with Canon Rebel t6i and I just obtained a Sigma 70-200 2.8. I was previously shooting with the kit lenses. This will be my first weekend with the Sigma. My plan is to try 1/1000 at 2.8 and set the ISO to auto to get the Camera's suggestion for ISO and use this as a starting off point. I have it set to AI Servo and Single point center focusing. Any other advice is appreciated. I am trying to avoid as much grain and stop action as best I can. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    zmtigerzmtiger Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I think you're headed in the right direction. I have been shooting football outdoors so I set the ISO to 100 and run aperture priority ±4 which last week kept shutter speeds +500. Kept VR (Nikon) on the lens off.
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins

I really know nothing about cheer, but sounds like a good plan in general for action. Maybe expiriment with dropping the SS down to 800 or even 640 and see what happens. Also, depending on the shot composition you may need a little more Depth of Field, so nudging it up may to f 3.2 or even 4 may be worth trying here and there.

Good luck

Regards

Will