Options

Mini Challenge #367: Water in Motion

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Water has been a recurring theme in Minis over the years, but it's been a while since we've had this variation. This time I'd like to see pictures of water in motion - that is, where capturing the movement of the water is what made you want to take the photograph. The moving water can be in a river, stream, ocean, a fountain, waterwheel, rain, or whatever.

If anyone does't know the un-official rules, here's a link to read before entering.

This mini will run until Monday, April 15 at 12 Noon PDT.

Here are a few examples:

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator

Great idea for a mini, Sara! Thanks!

• Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins

What a great theme!

1. This was taken on the trail toward Anna Ruby Falls in North Georgia. I sat the camera on the bridge rail so I could get a longer exposure.

2. A small waterfall

3. Dry Falls, North Carolina. You can actually walk behind this waterfall without getting wet.

Just for fun: Dry Falls from behind the falls.

I may swap one or two of these out. I'm thinking of other photos I have, but have to find them.

Sherry P.

• Options

Beautiful entries, Sherry. Thanks for kicking it off!

• Options
    edited March 27, 2024

Due to computer issues, I am transitioning to a new computer and may have difficult accessing my photos for a bit. So I am sharing two photos but please don't consider them as entries. (I will be traveling when this mini ends.) Thanks!

1) Waterfall in New Zealand

2) Fountain at Night

• Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,947 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2024
    1. Surf on rocks - the Big Island

2 Yellowtone Falls

1. One of Yosemite Falls

When I looked closely at this photo (taken in Yellowstone) I realized that it wa taken by my grandson when he was 12 so it couldn't be an entry

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins

GrandmaR, I love your Surf on Rocks. I've never been to Yosemite, but it is amazing to me how much that view resembles the Lower Falls at Yellowstone. I thought that's what it was until I saw your caption. I love waterfalls so much. We'll get to Yosemite one day!

Sherry P.

• Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,947 Major grins

oop it is yellowtone

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    thetidewaterforgethetidewaterforge Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    Oregon Coast
  • Options

@sapphire73 , @slpollett , @thetidewaterforge Thank you all for posting!

@thetidewaterforge welcome to the mini-challenges! After you've made a couple more posts in the forum (make a comment or two on posts from others) you will be able to imbed photos, which makes it easier on all of us. You can also enter up to three photos in the mini-challenges.

• Options
    bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 739 Major grins

It took me a while to figure out which of my moving water photos I wanted to post here... this is one of my favorite subjects.

1 Incoming! Oahu north shore

2 Yosemite Creek

3 Oneida Falls, Ricketts Glen State Park

~~Barbara
  • Options

@bfluegie Greats shots, Barbara - thanks for entering!

• Options

I'm traveling this coming week, but I'd love to see some entries come in during the time I'm gone!

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2024

So much water, so few to select, so little time.

1) Fern Spring in Yosemite National Park, Ca. My favorite little waterfall surrounded by some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the country.

2) Pelicans monitoring rough seas -- California central coast

3) Water Ballet under dark skies - Merced River outside Yosemite NP

• Options
    > @sarasphotos said:
    > @sapphire73 , @slpollett , @thetidewaterforge Thank you all for posting!
    >
    > @thetidewaterforge welcome to the mini-challenges! After you've made a couple more posts in the forum (make a comment or two on posts from others) you will be able to imbed photos, which makes it easier on all of us. You can also enter up to three photos in the mini-challenges.

Thank you,. I used to be on this forum and couldn't figure out how to recover my old account: https://dgrin.com/profile/Smithy

Finally got back into photography with something better than my phone and 15-year old fuji F-100fs. Got some good shots this weekend, can't wait to share more.

Is it just me, or is this forum not nearly as active as it used to be?
  • Options

@thetidewaterforge said:

The Dgrin forums aren't as active as they used to be, and that includes the Dgrin challenges. Glad you were able to get good shots this past weekend! Are you still shooting with a Fuji?

• Options

@sapphire73 said:

@thetidewaterforge said:

The Dgrin forums aren't as active as they used to be, and that includes the Dgrin challenges. Glad you were able to get good shots this past weekend! Are you still shooting with a Fuji?

Yes, picked up a gently used X-S10 last week and a couple lenses. Really happy with it, and I am a massive fan of film simulation modes, particularly Velvia for a lot of things.

• Options

@thetidewaterforge said:
    Yes, picked up a gently used X-S10 last week and a couple lenses. Really happy with it, and I am a massive fan of film simulation modes, particularly Velvia for a lot of things.

That's great! Enjoy!

I also like the film simulations and sometimes bracket shots so that I get Velvia, Acros, and Provia jpg files + a Raw file.

• Options
    shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins

Hawaii Surfers

Blue moon over Oak Creek Sedona AZ

Oregon Coast B&W

• Options

@Cavalier , @shawnc thanks for the wonderful entries, I can see that my choices will be tough to make!

• Options

Just a few more hours to enter!

• Options

The miini is now closed. Thanks all for entering!

Results will be pposted sometime tomorrow.