Options

Margulis chap 11 question

buzzard_nutsbuzzard_nuts Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 22, 2005 in Finishing School
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the great threads! I have a question about Chapter 11. I'm very interested to complete the technique for the prescreen original example. I'm using CS and I just can't figure out how to apply the high contrast channel A copy to the L in Lighten mode (Figure D in the book page 236-7) I have it as an extra channel and I'm on a duplicate layer of the original. If I go to the pulldown Image apply image The "lighten choice is inaccessible" ??? If I right click on the layer and try blending options the "Lighten" is innaccessible....

Stumped..

Buzz

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2005
    Make sure the L channel is selected before Apply Image
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the great threads! I have a question about Chapter 11. I'm very interested to complete the technique for the prescreen original example. I'm using CS and I just can't figure out how to apply the high contrast channel A copy to the L in Lighten mode (Figure D in the book page 236-7) I have it as an extra channel and I'm on a duplicate layer of the original. If I go to the pulldown Image apply image The "lighten choice is inaccessible" ??? If I right click on the layer and try blending options the "Lighten" is innaccessible....

Stumped..

Buzz

Lighten blend mode is only available in LAB mode in some circumstances. It appears that you can do Apply Image using the lighten blend mode when the target is a specific channel, but not when the target is the whole composite layer. So, I'd guess that you don't have the L channel properly selected as the target of Apply Image before you invoke the command in the 2nd step of creatingf 11.17D on page 237.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    buzzard_nutsbuzzard_nuts Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 22, 2005
    Thanks!