More of Alessandra

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited January 2, 2006 in People
here are some more shots from my shoot with alessandra. please tell me what you think.

50513048-M-2.jpg

50513018-M-1.jpg

50512882-M.jpg

thanks!

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    All of your models are very attractive, but this one is lovely! It's hard to say what's wrong with a photo when the model is so beautiful.......

now listen to me on this one, ive been around for awhile. i believe that you can see into a person as to what they are really like and from your photos of alessandra i can say with out reservation that she must be the "sweetest" of all the girls you have model for you.

WARNING - DONT LET THIS ONE GET AWAY !!!!

troy
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Everything is fine for me except the background. I would like to see a 'mosaic' type maybe (hey i dont shoot this stuff) like a rock wall. I like to see an edge around the model. If anyone can understand that.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    windoze wrote:
    now listen to me on this one, ive been around for awhile. i believe that you can see into a person as to what they are really like and from your photos of alessandra i can say with out reservation that she must be the "sweetest" of all the girls you have model for you.
    troy, thank you so much! alessandra is a very sweet girl, as are all of the girls i shoot. that's actually part of what i look for and try to capture.

it's funny you should say that she is the "sweetest" and i hate to disagree with you, but i actually think all of my other models are sweeter than her. don't get me wrong, she is very sweet, but she looks even more so in pictures. alessandra is probably the most "skilled" model i work with because her mother is a professional photographer. i think she's the best at looking sweet.

imo, the sweetest girls that i've worked with are ali and casey, both girls from my college, and kaity who i will be shooting with again very soon.

thanks again for the comment!
    troy, you can come shoot with me some time. i really want to see how another photographer sees what i see.
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    troy, thank you so much! alessandra is a very sweet girl, as are all of the girls i shoot. that's actually part of what i look for and try to capture.

it's funny you should say that she is the "sweetest" and i hate to disagree with you, but i actually think all of my other models are sweeter than her. don't get me wrong, she is very sweet, but she looks even more so in pictures. alessandra is probably the most "skilled" model i work with because her mother is a professional photographer. i think she's the best at looking sweet.

imo, the sweetest girls that i've worked with are ali and casey, both girls from my college, and kaity who i will be shooting with again very soon.

thanks again for the comment!
    troy, you can come shoot with me some time. i really want to see how another photographer sees what i see.

My wife says "Over my dead body" will she let me go.... :cry
    Why do you think I'm stuck shooting birds?? mwink.gif

thanx though!

troy
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    :dgrin

I agree with the previous that the girl is beautiful, the poses and lighting work for me (very nice), however the background doesn't work for me. Any chance shooting her in the studio?

kc7dji
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Looks great, Bing, as usual. Don't you love beautiful girls? Makes our jobs easy.

If I had one critique it would be that she looks way too yellow.
    edited January 1, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    I agree with the previous that the girl is beautiful, the poses and lighting work for me (very nice), however the background doesn't work for me. Any chance shooting her in the studio?

i appreciate the comment, thank you. i really like the background, but i think the problem might be that i was shooting sans polarizer, so the water doesn't look that great. i'll be posting some more pictures from the set with hopefully better backgrounds.

i don't have a studio (yet), but i like shooting my models outside. i love the natural light and i feel like the models are more comfortable outside than the would be in a studio. i also like the way the models react to the setting. for example, in this shoot, alessandra had to deal with the frigid temperature (as did i) and i think that helps the chemistry of the shoot.

thanks again!
    edited January 1, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Looks great, Bing, as usual. Don't you love beautiful girls? Makes our jobs easy.
    haha, yes i do love beautiful girls. :tuesday

i just wish this was my real job.iloveyou.gif
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Nice set Barry! I am sure she was happy with them.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    I like the first and third. The second one has that diagonal line that splits the frame in a very distracting way. The other ones have nice perspective, exposure, and expression.

Erich
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    :dgrin

kc7dji
    who are you calling stupid stupid ?
    edited January 2, 2006
    erich6 wrote:
    The second one has that diagonal line that splits the frame in a very distracting way.

wow, i didn't even notice that until you mentioned it, and that is definitely distracting. thanks for the tip!
  • ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    I think the model is lovely and the background is nice -- I like seaside pictures -- but her outfit doesn't seem flattering at all. A darker, plain cable sweater with other layers tucked in would make the full focus of the picture on her beautiful face -- a face that you captured with excellent light.

Cheers,
    Scott
    edited January 2, 2006
    if i want to post more pictures of her, should i post them in this thread or create a new one? i feel like not many people would see them if they were in this thread, but i don't want to be flooding and hogging the forum with threads about one model. i just don't want to be a nuissance.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    if i want to post more pictures of her, should i post them in this thread or create a new one? i feel like not many people would see them if they were in this thread, but i don't want to be flooding and hogging the forum with threads about one model. i just don't want to be a nuissance.

The answer to your question is here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited January 2, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:

And just so you don't think I'm an unhelpful, sarcastic nudge...put your shots up here...but take the time to watch the link!
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited January 2, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif
    that was absolutely brilliant! thanks, that completely answered my question.
    i always wonder. . . who takes the time to make those things?
    edited January 2, 2006
    some more:

50608672-M-1.jpg

50604912-M-1.jpg

50602431-M-1.jpg

comments welcome!
    edited January 2, 2006
    I really like these three. Probably more than the others you posted. Very nice.

The first is helped by setting the black point.
    Moderator Emeritus