Options

Prints from small cameras equals bad wording!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    As long as..
    Woohoo No more Small Cameras.
    .. it actually makes it to the cart.. Thus far it's still "small camera" and xD..ne_nau.gif

I saw Baldy's remark about "prophit=opinion, cash=fact".

I'm the same way: I like the opinion. But I wanna see the fact.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 17, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    .. it actually makes it to the cart.. Thus far it's still "small camera" and xD..ne_nau.gif
    :): You know us better than to think we're going make a significant change without user testing. Bug fixes, yes.

Unfortunately, "prints for most cameras" seems to be a little bit confusing. We hope something around it works but we should keep our thinking caps on.

We don't have a lot of space. The current character count just barely fits:

"prints for small cameras"
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Oh, I totally understand
    Baldy wrote:
    :): You know us better than to think we're going make a significant change without user testing. Bug fixes, yes.
    I'm simply patiently waiting..iloveyou.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    I was about to reply with quite a post when it got eaten....grrr

I will condense this one as I am tired from my previous post.

Ok...I am mostly a portrait shooter. I send almost ALL of my customers to the cart. All my customers have a computer and some sort of intelligence or I don't send them to order online. They have seen my camera. They know their camera goes in their pocket and mine absolutely will not. I am not worried they will think my camera is small, but do know they would never order any prints of mine from a drop down menu that said small camera because as I stated they have seen my camera.

My sister, who is normally a very intelligent 35 year old, had trouble finding sizes. She has asked me how to order wallets because she never saw the drop down menu and thought wallets were standard for portraits. When I talked her through checking specialty prints....she was amazed at all the "new choices". I then had to explain they were there all along. I agree Grandma is a bad term. My 70+ year old Mother in Law ordered wallets.

Anyway...

My vote if all is said and done is so far for the xD prints to be renamed actual sizes and for the drop down menus of standard and specialty etc... to go away. I would rather just go in and find my size and order it.

When I go to custom pro pricing, I do not have to find anything from different drop down menus. All the choices are right there with the prices beside them. Why can't ordering them be as easy as pricing them.

I think anyone can understand the size drop down if all sizes are included. And keep the red lines to show cropping. This is incredibly easy to explain to the "Average Joe" (my better word than grandma!)
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!
    edited October 8, 2005
    Let's Revive this "Prints for Small Cameras" Complaint
    I'm pretty new here so I may be missing something but it seems to me that offering a buyer to choose "Prints from Smaller Cameras" is a very misleading and highly confusing term.

First, "Prints FOR Small Cameras" -- does the "FOR" mean that the print is somehow intended to be used for a small camera? (Using "from" instead of "for" would make more sense -- but not enough sense.)

And "Small Camera" -- you mean as compared to a "big camera" . . . ?

Why not just have the drop down box say "Prints"?

Why confuse people when you don't have to.

AJ
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    I know this is old thread but...
    Baldy wrote:
    Okay, I moved the Minoltaman rants to their own closed thread, gave him his $100 back, and honored Shay's (actually now more than a dozen of our customer's) requests to put the ban on.

Back on topic: can we do better than "prints for small cameras"?

Type A and Type B is pretty geeky, no? They'd certainly have to be explained somehow. And what are other companies going to call them?

Can we do better?

I just stumbled across it doing a search and couldn't help but hit the reply button. My customers get confused because the prints are not listed in order by size. Heck it confused me at first. Remember most pro customers don't have a clue about size ratios, etc... they just need to see a drop down that's easy to understand and clear as H2O so we don't loose them. I'm sure this has been beat up & disscussed before but if so it must have been before my time :-) so sorry if I missed it. Anyhow... how bout listing the dropdowns as wallet <-> 11x14 (or whatever) and the next size such & such <-> such and such.

Thanks for listening,
    Cindy
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!