Options

Is it a good idea to sign your photos?

MelPMelP Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited January 12, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I am thinking of adding a signature (or at least a logo) to some of my portraits and wedding photos. Is this a good idea or is it considered tacky? Of course I wouldn't put it in the way...

How many of you use signatures or logo on your photos?

Thanks for all suggestions,
Mel

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    MelP wrote:
    I am thinking of adding a signature (or at least a logo) to some of my portraits and wedding photos. Is this a good idea or is it considered tacky? Of course I wouldn't put it in the way...

How many of you use signatures or logo on your photos?

Thanks for all suggestions,
    Mel

Since I have had proofs on CD printed into good prints and all (seems printer ignored the cpoyright on the CD label)...I am going to start copyrighting ALL my photos....get a color match to a nicce gold, blue and possibly grey so they aren't glaring and but still there and in a spot that id they try to crop it out...pic is shot....got to protect yourself...in the pre didigtal days it was gold foil imprinting and still is for some studios.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    It's a personal choice thing. If you want to do it, go for it. I don't think it makes a tangible difference one way or another. I kicked it around some, but I don't do it now.

I do use professional paper that says it is a professional print though, so maybe in a round-about way I do do it after all mwink.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    People ask me to sign the few that i give them as gifts & i would love to sign my name but i have the most horrible sig/hand writting ever so before i frame the photo i put my finger on a black ink pad & fingerprint the photo in the bottom corner.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    Good idea, I ruin everything I give and sign!

Books included! I could get a mug shot and do finger prints, smile.

ginger (My daughters have gorgeous handwriting, they probably saw mine and got scared.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    CalfeeRiderCalfeeRider Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    I made several runs with my signature with a fine-point sharpie marker on paper and once I got one that I liked, I scanned it in and now have it setup as a custom paintbrush in CS2. Not only is my signature consistent now, but I can also change the color to blend it in to the photograph and size it appropriately.

Jack
    Jack

http://www.SplendorousSojourns.com

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM