Options

Photoshop and MacIntel

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited February 2, 2006 in Finishing School
Here's a PDF from Adobe about the Creative Suite and the new MacIntel computers.

Of note is that for full compatibility with the Intel processors you're gonna have to upgrade, as CS2 will never be released in Universal Binary. Also, Version Cue does not run under Rosetta.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Here's a PDF from Adobe about the Creative Suite and the new MacIntel computers.

Of note is that for full compatibility with the Intel processors you're gonna have to upgrade, as CS2 will never be released in Universal Binary. Also, Version Cue does not run under Rosetta.

I heard today, it'll be much later this year ...
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I heard today, it'll be much later this year ...

So, did you cancel that Macbook order yet?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 1, 2006
    This is not cool. Not cool at all! I may just snag a G5 iMac once they get deep discounts going on them.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 1, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    So, did you cancel that Macbook order yet?

nod.gif

I'll wait. I'm in no hurry - and maybe by the time Adobe is ready with CS3 or whatever, then Apple might have a 12" MacBook.
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    This is not cool. Not cool at all! I may just snag a G5 iMac once they get deep discounts going on them.

20" iMac G5 at Amazon for 1349...after rebate...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I'll wait.

Very good. It's not as if Apple has a good reputation when it comes to Rev A hardware. Best to let them work out the quirks on the first Macbooks, and then order a Rev B when CS3 is out. I must say that I had my fingers twitching to order an Intel based Macbook as well. They do look mighty fine. But common sense, AKA my wife, made me understand that I should wait as well.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    When was CS2 released?? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    gubbs wrote:
    When was CS2 released?? ne_nau.gif

April 2005

so, according to Adobe, could be anytime from May 2006 to November 2006 before CS3 is released (Adobe states a 12-18month product cycle).
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    April 2005

so, according to Adobe, could be anytime from May 2006 to November 2006 before CS3 is released (Adobe states a 12-18month product cycle).
    Thanks andy!
    So apart from being Universal are there any rumours/ hints about new features?
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    April 2005

So I think it will be a race between VMWare and Adobe for support of native PS on Mactel.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    20" iMac G5 at Amazon for 1349...after rebate...
    wow, thats even a bit cheaper than the education price.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    wow, thats even a bit cheaper than the education price.

Tired: Amazon
    Wired: Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Apple-iMac-G5-1-8-GHz-TIGER-17-1-8GHz-BONUS_W0QQitemZ8759747700QQcategoryZ86702QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    rutt wrote:

Opps, have to take it back. That's 17" not 20". But you get the idea. The price on these is going to drop fast, especially as places like J&R in NYC or MicroCenter or Fry's find they have to dump left over inventory. Eventually, some of these will end up on ebay or something. This is like a Dutch Flower Auction and the clock has only just started to tick down.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    David, having read your help screens, I've downloaded and installed macaroni (universal beta version). I don't know what the hell it does or how to do it but I've done it! :D

Do I need disk warrior too?
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    gubbs wrote:
    David, having read your help screens, I've downloaded and installed macaroni (universal beta version). I don't know what the hell it does or how to do it but I've done it! :D

Do I need disk warrior too?

As long as you've installed and registered Macaroni, you don't need to worry about it. It just does it, and you're fine.

Disk Warrior, yes. It does only one thing, repair your disk directory, but it does it better than anything else. You'll be glad you have it when you need it. If you run it every month or two you will greatly reduce the chances of disk corruption becoming a problem.
    Moderator Emeritus