Options

Smugmug down???

2»

Comments

• Options
    cyoungcyoung Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Anyone else's site down? Dgrin was also down about 5 minutes agone_nau.gif. is SM being DoS attacked again?
    -Carey

Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55, EF 50 1.8 II, Tamron AF 19-35 3.5-4.5, EF 24-70 f/2.8L, EF 70-200 f/4L, Speedlite 580EX, Manfrotto Digi Mini 718B.
  • Options
    cyoungcyoung Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Nevermind, its back up nowheadscratch.gif
    cyoung wrote:
    Anyone else's site down? Dgrin was also down about 5 minutes agone_nau.gif. is SM being DoS attacked again?
    -Carey

Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55, EF 50 1.8 II, Tamron AF 19-35 3.5-4.5, EF 24-70 f/2.8L, EF 70-200 f/4L, Speedlite 580EX, Manfrotto Digi Mini 718B.
  • Options
    caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Down 2/23/06 9:00pm EST
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    caseserve wrote:
    John, I can hit your site just fine ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    cyoung wrote:

I experienced the same thing, both dgrin and smugmug down briefly.
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    mbrady wrote:
    I experienced the same thing, both dgrin and smugmug down briefly.

nod.gif about 20 minutes ago. it came back up but both were down for about 15 minutes:uhoh i hope Don is winning.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    edited February 27, 2006
    Borked again?
    Ok, in the middle of updating my site, it froze up, went away whatever. So my benchmark is to hit Andy's site. Well his is borked www.moonriverphotography.com

Still having problems??

EDIT: Ok I just went back to Andy's site and it is now ok. He had no menu displaying, his menu items were listed as a list down the left side of the page and his galleryies/categories were showing on his homepage.

I swear I saw it I really really saw it :lol
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    Definately things are moving slowly...
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    Definately things are moving slowly...
    Things seem ok on my end. I've been uploading since about 8:30am. In five hours got just over 250 photos up, which is about 50 per hour. This is typical for my uploads.

Even cable modem feels slow any more... :(
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2006
    Down again!!! then up
    Whats going on, I'm going to my site, it's down. Try Andy's site it's down. Bot sites timeout and unable to load. At the same time I'm on here (dgrin) try each of them again. Same thing. Then, they come up.

I don't think it's me, because I'm able to see dgrin, as well as about 5 other sites at the same time via tabs in FF, I refresh them. There all there, except smugmug.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2006
    caseserve wrote:
    Whats going on, I'm going to my site, it's down. Try Andy's site it's down. Bot sites timeout and unable to load. At the same time I'm on here (dgrin) try each of them again. Same thing. Then, they come up.

I don't think it's me, because I'm able to see dgrin, as well as about 5 other sites at the same time via tabs in FF, I refresh them. There all there, except smugmug.

Any ideas?

10:06 ET John, I can hit all sites including yours just fine. Check your connection.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    caseserve wrote:

Any ideas?
    I had a problem right around the same time. But it seems to have resolved itself. At 10:10 I was able to get back in.
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    10:06 ET John, I can hit all sites including yours just fine. Check your connection.

Andy, you keep telling me you can hit my site just fine. Well it's an intermitten problem that is not on my side. Look at the other post after yours, she had the same problem!
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2006
    caseserve wrote:
    Andy, you keep telling me you can hit my site just fine. Well it's an intermitten problem that is not on my side. Look at the other post after yours, she had the same problem!

ne_nau.gif John - I call it like I see it. I'm sorry you had trouble - I'll sure try and find out if there's any problem... Remember, sometimes indeed there are internet pipe issues that are local in nature. And you, as well as the richtersl are in (generally) the same geography.

Are you in now? Can you get to your site? Thanks for letting us know... ear.gif
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    ne_nau.gif John - I call it like I see it. I'm sorry you had trouble - I'll sure try and find out if there's any problem... Remember, sometimes indeed there are internet pipe issues that are local in nature. And you, as well as the richtersl are in (generally) the same geography.

Are you in now? Can you get to your site? Thanks for letting us know... ear.gif

Andy, Yes all is ok with the world according to smugmug now clap.gif

Thanks,
  • Options
    garyjwoodgaryjwood Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Schadenfreude
    caseserve wrote:
    Andy, Yes all is ok with the world according to smugmug now clap.gif

Thanks,
    Anyone else notice that flickr was down this morning? :giggle
    - Gary
    Galleries: http://garyjwood.smugmug.com
    Photo of the Day: http://blog.garyjwood.com
    Location-enabled and interactive!
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    garyjwood wrote:
    Anyone else notice that flickr was down this morning? :giggle

flickr? What's that?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    garyjwoodgaryjwood Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    flickr? What's that?
    flickr, Schadenfreude

but you knew that, didn't you? mwink.gif
    - Gary
    Galleries: http://garyjwood.smugmug.com
    Photo of the Day: http://blog.garyjwood.com
    Location-enabled and interactive!
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    caseserve wrote:
    I've had customers tell me the very same thing, that the site occassionally goes down but reappears minutes later. I've seen it myself, and during those times I'm able to surf to other sites just fine.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2006
    caseserve.smugmug.com is down
    caseserve.smugmug.com was down???
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2006
    caseserve wrote:
    caseserve.smugmug.com was down???

John, I can hit your site just fine. What's up?
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2006
    Cordless phone?
    you don't have a cordless phone do you? (or a neighbor?)

I have a laptop at home with a wireless card. Occasionally i'll be cruising along when suddenly, the internet stops responding... I say, OMG smugmug is down. I try re-starting the browser... nope, reboot... no help, go to my desktop... hmmm, that is working eek7.gif etc....

took me a while to figure out that my wife on the phone interfered with my wireless card. umph.gif She wouldn't have any problem, but my surfing would come to an abrupt halt. I think the phone is 2.5ghz freq, and so is my card. (or something like that..)
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 5, 2006
    i was unable to connect today too at the same time that everyone else was unable. something screwy went on, whether it was SM or a routing issue out here.
    Pedal faster