Options

Cute Little Logan

Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited March 10, 2006 in People
Isn't this little guy adorable? I shot this yesterday in church. Oly E500, Zuiko 90-300 (at full zoom), ISO1600 hand held wide open @1/20th sec. Auto WB in mixed lighting.
Attachment not found.
Bob
(originally posted by mistake in "Technique") sorry:dunno
See with your Heart

Comments

• Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    that's a nice shot, but sorry, I am *really* impressed with the performance of the camera (how sad?).
    Isn't this little guy adorable? I shot this yesterday in church. Oly E500, Zuiko 90-300 (at full zoom), ISO1600 hand held wide open @1/20th sec. Auto WB in mixed lighting.
    Attachment not found.
    Bob
    (originally posted by mistake in "Technique") sorryne_nau.gif
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    that's a nice shot, but sorry, I am *really* impressed with the performance of the camera (how sad?).
    Would you care to be specific?
    See with your Heart
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2006
    the lack of noise at 1600iso, but also to be able to shot 1/20th @ full zoom makes me think that it's a quality lens.
    In my small little world iso200 is pushing it and at full zoom I'd be looking at 1/2sec exposure.
    Would you care to be specific?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    the lack of noise at 1600iso, but also to be able to shot 1/20th @ full zoom makes me think that it's a quality lens.
    In my small little world iso200 is pushing it and at full zoom I'd be looking at 1/2sec exposure.
    Well, it's a pretty good camera and I like it and that 90-300 Zuiko is the better one in the kit but none of it is any better than, let's say, a Rebel or a D50 or a D70.

The truth is I got lucky on this shot. I was able to steady myself on the back of my chair and pull it off at 1/20th sec. That lens is variable aperture and it's an f4.5 at 300mm, hence 1600 ISO was my only choice. And believe me Sir, it's noisy! I ran it through the "Digital Camera Noise Reduction" dialogue in Paint Shop Pro 9 and that helped a lot. However it took some very careful USM work to salvage it.

The baby sure is cute thoughthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Thanks
    Bob
    See with your Heart
  • Options
    sandychiansandychian Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 9, 2006
    Zuiko 90-300mm?
    Hi Bob,
    Is there a typo error on the focal length of your Zuiko lens? Is this Zuiko 45-150mm or Zuiko 90-250mm? Cannot find a Zuiko digital lens with 90-300mm. Nice picture, anyway :)
    sandy
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2006
    sandychian wrote:
    Hi Bob,
    Is there a typo error on the focal length of your Zuiko lens? Is this Zuiko 45-150mm or Zuiko 90-250mm? Cannot find a Zuiko digital lens with 90-300mm. Nice picture, anyway :)
    sandy

Sorry man, my bad. I cannot get my head around the fact that a given focal length is not necessarily as stated. My Zuiko is a 40-150 and that works out to 80-300mm on my Oly. I used a Canon FTB and Pentax Spotmatic for so long that I can't get a meaningful idea of what a given focal length really means unless I convert it to what it should mean in 35mm terms.
    ne_nau.gif Humbly yours:
    A-f..ked-up
    Bobrolleyes1.gif:):
    See with your Heart