Options

52x78 prints

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited March 18, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Anybody know where I can get that size printed. I thought I had came across a place but now can't remember what website.

Thanks
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    is that inches, feet, yards, centimeters, millimeter, or meters?
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    http://douglasphoto.com/PricePages/DPI_Pricedigitalprinting.asp?pricePage=digitalprinting&priceTitle=Film+Processing+Pricing

This lab will do a 40 / 48 X 72 / 96 inch prints.....but I have not seen a 52 X 78 listed anywhere sorry
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Anybody know where I can get that size printed. I thought I had came across a place but now can't remember what website.

Thanks

Yes, I use www.bigposters.com, fantastic outfit. They answer your questions, use GF to upres, and provide quality work.

and, here's an example of mine:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=122609&postcount=5
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    bham wrote:

Thanks

Type "52x78 prints" or something similar into Google, you'll find a place.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    I wanted to see if any fellow drinners had some ideas. Searches so often you get a hodgepodge of results and takes so long to sort through.

Thanks for the great and prompt feedback everybody.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, I use www.bigposters.com, fantastic outfit. They answer your questions, use GF to upres, and provide quality work.

and, here's an example of mine:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=122609&postcount=5

Andy,

I am in the process of talking to my company about a photo for our lobby. I was showing them prints and looking at a photo size of 20"X30" and thinking of a frame size of 28"X38".

After seeing your 4'X6" print I am wondering if I could get a 6MP file to upsize and print at say 40"X60" approximately depending on crop etc, and have it mounted to say gator board and hang it directly to the wall with out any frame or matting.

Looking at the price list this would actually be less expensive than mat / frame for a smaller photo.

How is the quality? What do you think about this for a commercial lobby?

Thanks again for your thoughts and expertise.

Sam
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    www.pixeloutpost.com
    bham wrote:

Thanks
    You can get one at Pixel Outpost. I was looking to go large with a print and they told me they could go as large as 54 x 80.

You have to contact them directly for that size, however. The largest they will print without a conversation is 60 x 72.

I had them print a 40" x 60" print from a 6 meg pix D70. (Story here)

They told me I could go as large as 54 x 80 with that image. It depends on the image, but they are really good at letting you know.

I have only used them for printing on canvas or watercolor paper. But I have a friend who has used them for their regular photo paper.

They don't do mounting, though.

cheers,
    Trish
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Try Colorchome in Atlanta. I don't know how large they go, but I think they could handle that and I have seen 40x60 prints from their lab that looked good.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Sam wrote:
    Andy,

How is the quality? What do you think about this for a commercial lobby?

Thanks again for your thoughts and expertise.

Sam

Hi Sam,

I sold several 4' 6' prints to corporations for Lobby use. You'll be very surprised, as was I, at the quality from even a 5mpx camera! Remember, you can print a highway billboard from 3mpx - it's all about viewing distance mwink.gif

The quality, from www.bigposters.com is outstanding. I am very impressed. You'll want to find a local shop though, or at least getting it mounted on Gator locally - because once it's mounted, shipping is rediculously expensive.

Good luck!